Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
Deadline: August 1, 2019
This is a permanent full-time position: 38.75 hours per week; (4-days workweek, working from 7:00a.m. to 4:45p.m.).
Reporting to the Supervisor, the incumbent performs technical functions related to the installation, operation, and maintenance of various electrical systems, such as H.V.A.C. (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning), and electrical equipment at the University.
- Read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Prepare lists of materials in order to write-up estimates.
- Perform inspections, assessments and reporting on various assets.
- Performing data entry with the latest technology in preventive maintenance.
- Install, check, maintain, operate and repair all electrical systems (i.e.: lighting (interior and exterior), motors, power distribution, detection systems, transformer rooms, electrical heating apparatus, controls and equipment, fire alarm systems, emergency lighting, meters, and various H.V.A.C controls).
- Install new electrical lighting and distribution systems and associated control systems; take all necessary voltage and amperage readings.
- Respond to service calls and emergencies.
- Assist the Engineering and Building Performance department with energy conservation programs and commissioning.
- Plan and communicate electrical service and equipment interruptions.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor (including cleaning of equipment and electrical rooms).
- Secondary High School Diploma (SSD) or Diploma of Vocational Education (DVS) Electricity and two years of relevant work experience.
- Class C license and experience in the operation, maintenance, and repair of various types of electrically operated controls.
- Completion of a Construction Security Course and Proprietary Construction License (16) desirable.
- Ability to read electrical blueprints.
- Knowledge of H.V.A.C. controls and fire alarm systems.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Valid driver’s license in Quebec.
- Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written English and French in order to read and understand drawings, instructions technical manual, respond to services call and to complete forms and routine reports.
- Physical ability to perform primary responsibilities attested by successful completion of medical evaluation to the University’s satisfaction (e.g. ability to lift, carry and move, equipment weighing up to 23 kg without assistance and up to 45 kg with assistance).
- Ability to differentiate between colors as attested by successful completion of a Color Blind Test – Ishihara Plates.
- Will require use of respiration and hearing protection as well as enrollment in the university’s Respiratory Protection Program and Hearing Conservation Program.
$29.70 per hour: Diversified and rewarding career opportunity, comprehensive set of benefits and pension plan, generous annual vacation policy and easily accessible by public transit.
STT DES MéTIERS DE CONCORDIA - CSN
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 1, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities