Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
LEAD –BI & REPORTING INITIATIVES (C1917)
Deadline: July 31, 2019
This posting represents a 2-year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Registrar, the incumbent works with faculties, departments, senior management, IITS and OIPA to plan, develop, promote and implement a BI strategy for business intelligence initiatives in Enrolment Services. He/she facilitates and manages a series of projects and complex initiatives surrounding the implementation of a new Operational Data Store and BI visualization layer.
- Survey, compile and analyze reporting and BI needs for Enrolment Services and its clients; meet with departments and faculties to ensure best practices.
- Coordinate and manage the necessary BI projects to implement a BI strategy in Enrolment Services, including the identification, design and implementation of a data visualization tool and its support structure.
- Design, develop and maintain a set of BI/ reporting documentation practices and standards for Enrolment Services.
- Prepare project reviews and reports on the initiatives undertaken.
- Work in consultation with OIPA and IITS to design and implement data visualizations of SIS data for consumption by various university stakeholders in a university-wide context.
- Develop, expand and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the University’s Student Information System data model and the academic regulations and policies governing it.
- Collaborate with the SIS team and other units in order to define, manage and maintain the sector’s data dictionary.
- Present BI strategy, reporting outcomes and findings to members of the university community.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with two to four years of experience working in a university environment with data management, data mining and modeling.
- Experienced in project coordination, elicitation of reporting requirements.
- Sound administrative experience involving planning and organizing in a university environment desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-management skills with experience working with senior management.
- Ability to strategically model, plan and integrate a reporting and business intelligence strategy based on needs from various business units.
- Advanced knowledge of Access and Excel; knowledge of SQL.
- Advanced knowledge of data modeling, university-related data concepts and data visualization tools (Tableau, MS Power BI)
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask and work independently or in a team.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French.
- Demonstrated leadership, team-building, and influencing skills.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects
$65,444.99 - $78,173.81 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by July 31, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities