Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
Deadline: July 31, 2019
This is a permanent full-time position: 38.75 hours of work per week (4-day workweek, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.).
Reporting to the Architectural Supervisor, the incumbent installs, repairs, and maintains the key system and the working mechanisms that operate, lock and unlock the doors at the University.
- Install, repair, adjust and change lock combinations.
- Install, repair and maintain mechanical and electronic access control units
- Install, repair and maintain various types of door hardware.
- Cut various types of keys that are requested by the different departments.
- Maintain and manage the key systems of the University. Make new key systems within the existing systems and maintain various records.
- Ensure all key systems are managed and recorded properly.
- Meet with clients & projects regarding key systems and work orders as needed. Coordinate established work based on client needs.
- Maintain the shop structure, the layout and a safe working area.
- Support maintenance and control of supplies, inventory and replacement parts.
- Support research of new materials, supplies, technologies and associated costs.
- Prepare orders of supplies and materials, file documents (paper or electronic) accordingly.
- Use Maximo (CMMS) to organize, plan, assign & complete work orders, change status, add trades, and complete daily work sheets.
- Support the preparation of estimates.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- High School Diploma (DSS) and four years of work related experience.
- Locksmith permit from ‘Bureau de la Securite Privee’.
- Ability to read, interpret and work with plans and technical specifications.
- Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written English French in order to read and understand drawings, instructions technical manual, respond to services calls, coordinate with clients and to complete forms and routine reports.
- Basic knowledge of Word and Excel (to input data into a spreadsheet).
- Knowledge of other locksmith, key cutting and maintenance programs (i.e.: Code Sources and KMS) an asset.
- Working knowledge of the Concordia University Maintenance Information Systems (Maximo) an asset.
- Good fine motor and interpersonal skills, detailed-oriented and ability to solve problems.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and part of a team and under pressure.
- Valid Quebec driver’s license.
- Will require use of hearing protection and enrollment in the University’s Hearing Conservation Program.
- Have physical ability to lift/carry/move without assistance up to 23 kg (50 lbs.) and with assistance over 45 kg (100 lbs.).
$ 26.98 per hour
STT DES MéTIERS DE CONCORDIA - CSN
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by July 31, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities