Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
MANAGER, RISK, ASSURANCE AND CONTROLS (C1926)
Deadline: August 19, 2019
This posting represents a full-time indeterminate contract.
Reporting to the Director of Internal Audit, the incumbent assists the Director in fulfilling its mandate supported by the Internal Audit Policy by participating in the preparation of the annual audit risk assessment, planning and Audit Committee reporting. He/She supervises and executes planned audits and assists the Director to continuously improve the function.
- Review, evaluate, and verify internal and business controls for processes, systems, financial information, accounting journals and reports in accordance with applicable internal auditing and accounting standards and laws and regulations.
- Advise and provide management with information to support decision making.
- Review adherence to policy and ethical practices and liaise with external auditors and agencies as required.
- Oversee and supervise consultants and students in preparing audit project plans and schedule resource allocation; monitor progress against plan.
- Direct fieldwork, Train and supervise staff, including consultants and students; Develop technology solutions as well as internal audit plans based on periodic Audit Risk Assessments and consistent with Internal Audit resource levels and budgets approved by senior management and the Audit Committee.
- Foster and maintain professional and constructive working relationships with Vice-Presidents and Deans as well as others involved on audit mandates.
- Hire, train, evaluate and recommend staffing and training needs.
- Represent the Director at the audit committee and other committees and working groups examining issues of university-wide relevance.
- Identify internal control gaps in business procedures, processes or systems, and recommend and positively influence appropriate remediation.
- Perform or supervise IT audit mandate and ability to identify, extract, manipulate and analyse data required for specific mandate (data analytic).
- Review audit work to ensure quality and follow up on audit mandate to ensure timeliness and quality of execution.
- Plan and perform investigations of suspected Code of Ethics violations or fraud as mandated by Director.
- Build consensus and facilitate organizational decisions through a collegial, transparent and professional environment, assisting in dispute-resolution as appropriate.
- Assist Director in developing annual risk assessments and internal audit plans; participate support the university’s enterprise risk management efforts and activities; prepare reports for and make presentations to top management and the Audit Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with seven to ten years of experience, two years of which should be in a supervisory or management role.
- Professional accounting designation required, preferably CPA, or other pertinent designation (such as CISA, CIA).
- Experience with or adaptability to the University environment and culture, policies and major administrative systems.
- Experience in data extraction and data analytics
- Experience in interfacing with and influencing top management and independent Board Directors preferred.
- Experience in supervising audit professionals and in reviewing audit work.
- Excellent formal report writing and presentation skills.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) spoken and written English and French.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to smoothly manage conflict situations.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and utmost confidentiality.
- Objective, rigorous, good judgment, diplomatic and negotiating skills with reputation for unquestionable ethical behavior and values.
- Dynamic and eager to propose best practice and innovative solutions.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 19, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities