Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
WRITER/ CONTENT COORDINATOR (C1889)
Deadline: September 13, 2019
Repost. This position represents a contract position effective until April 30, 2021.
Reporting to the Manager, Student Recruitment Marketing and Communications, the incumbent develops, executes and presents information related to business processes under the purview of Enrolment Services. He/she provides editorial, research and writing expertise to various print and digital media supporting the university recruitment and enrolment efforts
- Contribute to the implementation of the Enrolment Services communications strategies in support of Enrolment Services operations in collaboration with the Manager. Emphasis will be on web content, targeted communications and printed materials.
- Create, select and edit content that will appear in social media networks, email campaigns, e-newsletters and on concordia.ca
- Proofread and edit own work, in accordance with the Canadian Press Style Guide and the Concordia specific style guide, ensuring that information is accurate; proofread and edit the work of others in the department and ensure the quality and accuracy of written material originating from other units
- Research and interview subject matter experts and students to develop new content
- Assist with project production in collaboration with the Manager, including, but not limited to research, writing, material review, editing and proofreading.
- Assist in compiling data, notes and preparation of documents for Enrolment Services strategy meetings.
- Act as a liaison and advocate on behalf of individual prospective students and applicants in collecting information and finding answers to questions.
- Ensure content represents the creative and strategic direction of the University
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree in in a field relevant to the primary responsibilities with two to four years of related experience.
- Previous experience with University publications and content desirable.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Press Style Guide is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and ability to monitor and track trends an asset.
- Ability to manage projects, work with confidential information, and to handle multiple priorities and tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively and maintain productive work relationships.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word (to create, edit and format documents), Excel (to create and edit charts and spreadsheets).
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English in order to edit documents, reply to inquiries, draft correspondence, create reports, and proved and interpret detailed information; good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written French.
- Excellent interpersonal, relation-building, and communication skills to interact effectively with students, staff, faculty, and external contacts and to give presentations to groups of potential students and their parents.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Ability to work under pressure, to prioritize work, and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible hours during peak periods or on time sensitive issues or projects.
$65,444.99 - $78,173.81 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 13, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities