Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SHIFT ENGINEMAN – BOILER ROOM (P3707)
Deadline: August 12, 2019
This is a permanent full-time position: 39 hours of work per week (based on 156 hours schedule for a period of 28 days; 12 hours shifts which will be determined by the immediate supervisor and will cover day, evening and night).
Reporting to the Technical and Mechanical Supervisor, the incumbent operates machinery, such as boilers, chillers, fans, pumps, and other equipment necessary for the buildings’ operation and respond to various incoming calls.
- Operate and monitor heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems (HVAC).
- Maintain and repair equipment such as boilers, chillers, fans, pumps, and compressors; and control system equipment to provide heating, ventilation, and refrigeration.
- Read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Prepare lists of materials in order to write-up estimates
- Perform inspections, assessments, and reporting on various assets.
- Performing data entry with the latest technology in preventive maintenance.
- Respond to service calls and emergencies.
- Prepare and work on material; submit (for approval) requisition for materials and equipment.
- Assist the Engineering and Building Performance department with energy conservation programs and commissioning.
- Monitor building temperature and air quality.
- Monitor the consumption of electricity, natural gas and heating oil.
- Plan and communicate mechanical service and equipment interruptions.
- Act as a first responder.
- Act as a companion on shifts when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor (including cleaning of equipment and mechanical rooms).
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in Stationary Mechanical Systems or Diploma of Collegial Studies (DEC 3-year technical program) in Building Systems or another equivalent DVS or DEC.
- Two years of related work experience.
- Stationary Engineman, Class 3 in heating and Class A in refrigeration licenses.
- 4B, 4A and 3B licenses will be considered (must be willing to obtain a Class 3 in heating and Class A in refrigeration licenses).
- Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written English and French in order to read and understand drawings, instructions, and technical manuals, and to respond to service calls.
- Basic knowledge of Word (to create routine letters and memorandums), of Excel (to enter data and print worksheets).
- Good knowledge of building automation system: Apogee (Siemens) and Orcaview (Regulvar) are definite assets.
- Good knowledge of CMMS systems (e.g. Maximo) is a definite assets.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills; customer-service orientation.
- Valid driver’s licence in Quebec.
- Will require use of respiratory protection and enrollment in the Respiratory Protection Program.
- Physical ability as attested by successful completion of medical evaluation to the University’s satisfaction. (e.g.: to lift, carry and move, without assistance, a minimum of 23 kg (50lbs)).
3A: 37.45 per hour (this rate includes all shift premiums) 4A or 3B: $35.94 per hour (this rate includes all shift premiums) 4B: $34.43 per hour (this rate includes all shift premiums) Diversified and rewarding career opportunity, de Concordia-CSN comprehensive set of benefits and pension plan, generous annual vacation policy and easily accessible by public transit.
STT DES MéTIERS DE CONCORDIA-CSN
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 12, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities