Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
STUDENT RECRUITMENT OFFICER (P1954)
Deadline: September 26, 2019
This posting represents a maternity-leave replacement effective until March 31, 2021.
Reporting to the Manager, Student Recruitment, the incumbent provides information and advice to potential students and participates in the development, planning, and preparation of recruitment and liaison strategies.
- Active involvement in the development, planning, preparation and undertaking of established University recruitment strategies.
- Raise the University’s profile by participating in off-campus recruitment activities; assist with on-campus Advisor/Counsellor Information Days, Open House sessions and special tours for specific or large groups.
- Work in collaboration with the student recruitment team to make suggestions on improvements to the recruitment process and identify new opportunities and markets.
- Work within the Student Recruitment team to establish annual travel schedule and budget.
- Lead a recruitment project portfolio as assigned on a yearly rotating basis.
- Collaborate with the Enrolment Services Marketing and Student Communications Team to provide suggestions on the content of recruitment publications and communications to ensure they are reflective of prospective student information needs.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree and two to four years of work experience in student recruitment, public relations or marketing.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to inform and advise students and to communicate effectively with internal and external clients and to assist in the development of promotional material.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel and Intermediate PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, relation-building, and communication skills to interact effectively with students, staff, faculty, and external contacts and to give presentations to groups of potential students and their parents.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Outgoing personality who thrives on working with the public.
- Ability to work under pressure, to prioritize work, and to meet deadlines.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Required to travel extensively and to work flexible hours.
$65,444.99 - $78,173.81 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 26, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities