Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
TRANSCRIPT ASSISTANT (P4782)
Deadline: August 29, 2019
Reporting to the Associate Registrar, the incumbent is responsible for the issuance of official transcripts upon request.
- Prepare transcript requests for processing as well as respond to requests for course descriptions and grading system explanations; prepare transcripts from historical manual records. Research and prepare requests for course descriptions from previous years.
- Review and assess transcripts to ensure they meet the standards set by the University; flag problems to the appropriate unit for correction.
- Process, verify, and balance daily transcript payments and enter data on the Student Information System (SIS).
- Correspond with internal and external clients concerning their requests.
- Compile information in order to prepare reports and recommendations.
- Maintain electronic filing system of processed transcript requests.
- Support other activities in Enrolment Services appropriate to the grade of the position.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (2 year pre-university DEC) and one to two years of relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to communicate effectively with students and alumni; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French to respond to general inquiries.
- Basic knowledge of Word (to create and update documents) and Excel (to filter and sort data).
- Sensitivity to students’ concerns.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal firmly but politely with students and other concerned parties.
- Ability to cope in a high-volume environment and meet established deadlines.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a team member and independently.
- Able to work extended hours during peak periods if required.
$22.00 - $26.28 *Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE194-14A and that the associated salary range is $22.11 to $26.28 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 29, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities