Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF RESEARCH
SPECIALIST, RESEARCH AGREEMENTS (C5538)
Deadline: August 7, 2019
This posting represents a 1-year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Director, Research Partnerships and Innovation, the incumbent will provide support and guidance to Concordia researchers in all aspects of contract research funding and Intellectual Property process management. He/she will work closely with researchers, external industrial/government and institutional partners, legal counsel and internal service units to negotiate, draft and review research agreements.
- Negotiate, draft and review research agreements with third party industry/government sponsors and other academic partners.
- In consultation with the Director, assess appropriateness of the terms and conditions of research agreements with particular focus on ensuring academic freedom and limiting University’s exposure to risk in such relationships.
- Support and assist in the development of sponsored contract research and partnership grant applications and proposals; assess completeness, accuracy and compliance with University, government and third party research policies and procedures with particular focus on: overhead rates, human research ethics, animal care, bio-safety, and controlled goods regulations.
- Effectively communicate with faculty members, external research partners, and other related internal units, such as Restricted Funds and Finance, to resolve emergent issues related to the conduct of work governed by research agreements and facilitate compliance with contractual terms.
- Market Concordia’s research capacity; identify and match Concordia researchers with industry/government/private sponsored contract research opportunities; initiate and facilitate relationships between faculty members and these third party sponsors.
- Keep current with faculty research developments and activities at Concordia in order to facilitate the identification and disclosure of Intellectual Property; assist with all procedures necessary to protect and/or promote Concordia Intellectual Property.
- Assist Director in developing and implementing strategies to optimize sponsored contract research revenue.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and two to four years of pertinent work experience.
- Knowledge of industry research funding environment and government research programs.
- Experience in drafting and reviewing research agreements and/or a legal background is desirable.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French.
- Basic knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational, communication, customer service, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of research opportunities.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated pro-active attitude and problem solving skills.
$65,444.99 - $78,173.81 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 7, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities