Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
UNIVERSITY COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES (UCS)
COMMUNITY FACILITATOR, SOCIAL MEDIA/DIGITAL (P5850)
Deadline: November 22, 2019
Repost; this position represents a maternity leave replacement effective until January 29, 2021
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Content and Digital Marketing, the incumbent is responsible for helping to maintain and grow the university’s reputation by supporting the social media strategy and enhancing the social media presence of the university across multiple channels and communities, ensuring that the university’s identity and strategic priorities are reflected through these and other digital channels. He/She works in collaboration with members of UCS and Concordia’s academic and administrative units.
- Monitor all social media channels for reputational and social service issues and report these issues to the appropriate person; work with UCS stakeholders to respond appropriately, when necessary.
- Monitor other platforms that host conversations about Concordia to get a sense of current issues, questions and challenges facing students and other members of the Concordia community; report this information to appropriate UCS stakeholders.
- Participate in and advise on the Emergency Operations Committee.
- Source accurate and up-to-date information to respond to social service inquiries or refer them to the appropriate unit/department.
- Source/craft and post appropriate content, in-line with Concordia’s brand and content guidelines, with respect to the social media lineup, on various social media platforms.
- Attend related events, on and off campus, and gather content for social media platforms or “report”/broadcast these events live on social media platforms.
- Work with and evaluate social media monitoring tools, assist with the tracking and development of reports and analytics regarding social media campaigns; report on KPIs.
- Assist with the creation of and manage the social media lineup and respond to requests/queries from various units.
- Assist in the defining of the various social media communities and assist with the development of strategies for engaging with them; engage with various relevant social media and digital communities and research new opportunities to connect with audiences/communities.
- Collaborate with communications advisors, graphic designers, translators and subject matter experts from academic and administrative units to create and update content.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of social media accounts on behalf of the university and/or a particular academic or administrative unit.
- Create and update content guidelines to improve and maintain the university’s online reputation in particular, the university’s social media presence.
- Proactively seek out academic and administrative areas for further development or key projects that would assist in enhancing the university’s social media visibility and profile.
- Maintain the social media handbook and other guidelines/documentation.
- Conduct ongoing training, execute and run of various social media-related programs including quarterly Meet Ups, Ambassador programs, account curator/takeover programs…etc. in the area of social media and social media influencer outreach programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, PR, Journalism or in a related field and two to four years of experience in social media/digital communications; experience with large-scale, web content management systems an asset.
- Understanding of and high proficiency on various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Flickr, Pinterest, YouTube, Snapchat, etc. and other community platforms such as Reddit; understanding of social media metrics.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with social media monitoring/publishing tools (Social Studio, HootSuite, Cision, Meltwater, etc.); knowledge of and experience with BuzzSumo/BuzzStream an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media metrics
- Knowledge of and experience working with large-scale web content management systems.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English in order to review, modify and create social media content; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French.
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and knowledge of Adobe Photoshop; experience with video editing software.
- Excellent judgement and demonstrated “nose for news”: awareness of current relevant topics for target audiences and ability to create relevant “right time” engagements.
- Ability to stay abreast of digital/social trends and demonstrated sense of creativity and innovation; good design sense and skills.
- Strong analytical, project management, problem-solving, client-focused, verbal/written communication, leadership and multitasking skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with faculty and staff members, as well as students.
- Experience with audio, podcasting, paid social media advertising and influencer outreach campaigns desirable.
- Ability to work outside normal working hours when required.
$ 65,699.14 - $ 78,474.25 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by November 22, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities