Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE DEAN, FACULTY OF ARTS AND SCIENCE
EXECUTIVE SECRETARY TO THE DEAN (P2778)
Deadline: September 6, 2019
Reporting to the Senior Administrative Officer, the incumbent provides administrative, secretarial and logistical support to the Dean, the Director of the Office of the Dean and the Senior Administrative Officer.
- Manage the agenda of the Dean, schedule internal and external appointments and meetings; enter relevant information in the agenda and update contacts as required. Draft notices and agendas, gather and assemble documents for distribution to members, follow up on action items, schedule and arrange for meeting space and catering.
- Prepare dossiers for the Dean – including compilation of information in preparation of external and internal dossiers. Maintain “bring-forward and follow-up” systems for proper management of documents; organize and maintain confidential files (Faculty and student disciplinary cases).
- Responsible for logging, tracking, reading and distributing all incoming mail and keeping mailing lists up to date
- Read all agenda-related emails addressed to the Dean, identify and implement appropriate course of action, i.e.: respond, process, delegate, or classify.
- Prepare files and correspondence, take and transcribe minutes of meetings as it pertains to Faculty Council, Chairs meetings, and other possible meetings.
- Ensure that nominations and elections are held for all committees reporting to Faculty Council as well as Faculty of Arts and Science representation on university bodies.
- Ensure that electronic and paper documents are filed and/or properly stored in accordance with university policies. Manage confidential and sensitive documents and dossiers.
- Brief the Dean and/or Associate Deans and Directors on issues requiring their immediate attention and follow up as required. Provide assistance and liaise with Chairs, Principals and Faculty Deans/University Librarian.
- Responsible for all travel arrangement plans for the Dean, both international and national. Prepare travel expense reports and monthly expense reports for the Dean and for Director of Administration.
- Available to assist with event coordination as requested.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (3-year technical program) in Office Technology, or in another field pertinent to the major responsibilities and four to seven years of relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to provide and interpret detailed information and to write routine correspondence.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word and Excel to create, edit and format documents and spreadsheets; basic knowledge of Outlook.
- Ability to work with the Internet in a Windows environment, with knowledge of scheduling tools e.g. Doodle, an asset.
- Knowledge of SIS is an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask and to establish and follow priorities while maintaining flexibility in a fast-paced and high-volume environment.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills; capability to work with top management; discretion with strong sense of confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to work in a team.
- Availability to work overtime when required.
$31.18 - $37.54 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 6, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities