Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INSTRUCTIONAL AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS)
MANAGER, IT RESEARCH SUPPORT (P1917)
Deadline: October 31, 2019
Reporting to the Director, User Services, the incumbent is responsible for the management of IT support, consultation, and integration of technical environments within the research space. He/she is also responsible for the overall customer satisfaction for research IT services.
- Establish, in conjunction with the Director, the strategic IT direction within the research space and oversee the implementation of short and long-term plans.
- Evaluate the use of technological solutions and realize service evolution and improvements within the research space. Interface with other IT groups and the research community in designing the overall research-computing environment.
- Manage and provide support and direction to a group of IT specialists; hire and train resources, manage employee performance and productivity and develop staff personal development and training plans.
- Meet with clients to discuss and consult on system requirements and specifications; ensure effective communication with the research community.
- Define and implement operating procedures and the use of IT Service Management (ITIL) and IT Asset Management best practices within the research space. Maximize the efficiency of central IT services.
- Manage operational priorities and ensure quality control (process and product).
- Participate in the development and implementation of information security best practices.
- Lead technology standardization and acquisition initiatives and proactively manage maintenance and support contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, and four to seven years of pertinent work experience, including at least two years of experience in a supervisor capacity.
- Experience in supporting and working with researches and research projects desirable.
- Demonstrated project management experience in technology deployment projects.
- Broad understanding of information technology, including hardware and software.
- Proficiency with both end-user computing and audio-video technologies as well as a strong understanding of enterprise infrastructure and architecture.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and decision-making skills, coupled with the ability to establish and respond to priorities.
- Experience in implementing IT Services Management (ITIL) best practices.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and of spoken French to communicate technical specifications and descriptions.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience working within committees and group environments.
- Superior interpersonal skills with a strong client-service orientation.
- Proven planning and organizing skills and result-orientation.
- Proven team leader and team builder, with ability to motivate people and foster a positive team environment.
- Strong analytical, design and problem-solving skills.
- Strong process and work organization rigor and discipline.
$93,405.00 - $108,338.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by October 31, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities