Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OPERATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR (P1864)
Deadline: July 26, 2019
Reporting to the Director, Residence Life, the incumbent acts as a resource person to potential students and their parents as well as university departments and coordinates marketing and communications initiatives. He/she oversees department operations and systems on a day-to-day basis, coordinates the admissions processes and acts as a property liaison for all residence structures.
- Provide ongoing leadership to Residence Life operations activities by coordinating all admissions processes, arrival and departure of all students and related databases and scheduling software.
- Develop, in coordination with the supervisor, communication tools to increase visibility of residence on campus and to prospective students. Create content, and update Residence Life websites and social media to showcase events and activities in residence. Liaise with other departments to enhance promotion of residence life and successful communication of residence processes, policies and offerings.
- Coordinate and maintain the residence admission process in line with University recruitment goals and objectives, including overseeing all applications, room assignments, preparation of leases and billing. .Advise on changes to policies and procedures for admissions and marketing strategies related to admissions.
- Lead the development of residence-related materials such as the website, applications, social media and other promotional or information publications.
- Ensure effective integration and coordination of new media solutions with other initiatives and activities, including scope, planning, and gap assessments by consulting and collaborating with other key process owners and stakeholders; proactively discuss and resolves issues and problems.
- Coordinate the arrival of residents during the academic year, and room change requests. Develop all communications associate to these processes.
- Organize, summarize analyze and report data.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (three-year DEC) in hospitality, administration, communications or related field and four to seven years of related work experience, preferably in an educational establishment.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to communicate effectively with potential students and parents.
- Good knowledge (intermediate level) of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop. Knowledge of AEM, Jotform and similar software desirable.
- Proven ability to set priorities and to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Superior customer relations skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal sensitively with individuals.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated success in the development and implementation of operations strategies.
- Demonstrated ability in developing communication tools; experience overseeing website and social media platforms.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Ability to work outside normal operating hours.
$28.87 - $34.72 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by July 26, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities