Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (P1448A)
Deadline: August 21, 2019
The normal work schedule for this position is 8:00 am until 4:00 pm.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant to the President, the incumbent is the Office’s first line of contact at the reception desk. He/She coordinates administrative duties to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Office.
- Receive, screen and direct visitors to the appropriate individual or conference room, within or external to the Office of the President; provide general information on University policies and procedures
- Receive, screen, respond to and redirect telephone calls to the general office line; redirect internal and external requests for information to the appropriate person; responsible for incoming and outgoing correspondence and packages.
- Process expense reports originating from President’s Executive Group (PEG) members and Office staff; process invoices and track memberships and membership payments.
- Update and maintain the President’s contact list; compile and research information for Office staff, as needed.
- Book the President’s conference room for internal office staff and community members; ensure upkeep of the President’s conference room including whiteboards and troubleshooting IT issues.
- Act as the liaison with IITS, Security, Facilities, copier provider, Digital Store, mail room and other departments, as needed.
- Assist office staff in preparing documentation and mailings, as needed.
- Assist with the coordination of meetings and special events as needed, including ordering catering, set up and preparing meeting materials; ensure room is in order after meetings.
- Assist the Executive Assistant, Agenda, with the President’s RSVPs; send event invitations and track responses.
- Maintain the inventory of stationery and office and kitchen supplies; ensure upkeep of shared areas, including reception, conference room and kitchen.
- Coordinate the updating of Concordia University information in certain publications.
- Coordinate special projects as needed and requested, (e.g. President’s yearly holiday cards).
- Perform other duties in support of the Office.
- Diploma of College Studies (two- year pre-university program) and four to seven years of relevant experience in an office environment.
- Knowledge of the University’s academic infrastructure and administrative practices and regulations highly desirable.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French to provide and interpret detailed information in a variety of situations, to write correspondence, and to brief and offer advice on action to be taken.
- Advanced knowledge of Word (format documents, do mail merges, create macros), Excel (create spreadsheets, create and modify chart, do mail merges, create macros), basic knowledge of PowerPoint (to create and update presentations), Outlook; knowledge of Access.an asset.
- Superior communication, organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to work well as part of a team.
- Strong planning and organizing skills; ability to establish and respond to priorities.
- Ability to deal with confidential matters with tact and discretion.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE115-14A and the associate salary range is $28.18 to $33.90 per hour.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 21, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities