Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
UNIVERSITY ADVANCEMENT (UA)
SOCIAL MEDIA AND MULTIMEDIA PRODUCER (C1768)
Deadline: October 3, 2019
This posting represents a maternity leave replacement effective until October 20, 2020.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, University Advancement the incumbent develops next generation social media content and campaigns that foster positive university presence in the digital landscape. He/she plans, creates and analyzes social media strategies that advance a culture of philanthropy, build engagement and augment Concordia’s digital footprint.
- Develop and implement a working model to produce, share and monitor content that engages alumni and prospective donors on social media.
- Propose strategies, establish partnerships with social media ambassadors that are external facing and positive for the university.
- Develop strategies to promote fundraising, sector campaigns and strategic directions among graduates, donors, friends and media.
- Plan, produce and schedule content with colleagues, volunteers and leadership.
- Produce text, photo, video and graphic products that adhere to Concordia Publication Guidelines and reflect a consistent, attractive and high quality image for university.
- Monitor sector’s social media insights and statistics; provide both quantitative and qualitative reports.
- Propose coherent social media strategy for sector, produce content and carefully plan its execution; produce and manage social media lineups to share with relevant stakeholders.
- Strategize and execute social media marketing/advertising campaigns on behalf of university, clients and audience.
- Videotape and photograph events, interviews and cutaways needed for the various productions as required.
- Research, develop and test HD and Video Compression applications (HDV, Final Cut Pro, Compression, DVD Studio Pro, Flash, After Effects, MPEG-4, QuickTime and Windows Media) to reflect trends and methods.
- Provide colleagues with ongoing training in the area of social media and monitor best practices that should be applied.
- Monitor, identify and rank influencers or key stakeholders; update relevant records in sector’s online database.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of experience in higher education, philanthropic sector, journalism, communications, public relations or related area.
- Extensive experience in producing video and multimedia, directing, motion graphics, color correcting and editing, including sound recording and audio post-production.
- Understanding of and proficiency in all major social media platforms.
- Knowledge of printing and production methods.
- Excellent writing skills, judgement, autonomy and news sense; skilled in interpreting clients’ ideas and problem-solving.
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English in order to review and modify content and help the university community refine and improve their entire digital presence; basic knowledge (Level 3) of French, spoken and written.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint; knowledge of QuarkXpress, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe as well as a strong knowledge of desktop publishing applications.
- Advanced knowledge of video and HDV/DVD equipment and applications (Apple’s Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Compressor, Motion, soundtrack and Adobe After Effects).
- Advanced knowledge of compositing, motion graphics design, video compression and applications (Compressor, QuickTime Pro, Sorenson Squeeze and Episode).
- Good design sense to ensure university brand is well promoted.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with alumni, donors, media, faculty and staff members, as well as students.
$70,835.00 - $84,599.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by October 3, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities