Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
TALENT COORDINATOR – EMPLOYMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS (P5766)
Deadline: October 3, 2019
Reporting to the Manager, Employment, the incumbent is responsible for supporting our recruitment activities by carrying out such activities as candidate screening, verifications and advertisement strategy, as well as coordinating projects within the Employment and Organization effectiveness Unit, Human Resources or within the university. He/she will also support employment equity activities.
- Work in close collaboration with Employment Advisors by: drafting and/or updating job vacancy notices, screening resumes, screening candidates by telephone if required, carry out reference checks and/or background verifications.
- Manage incoming recruitment documentation to ensure completeness and accuracy of information for effective internal governance (Position Review, etc)
- Research issues for the Manager and the Executive Director (includes creation, compilation and analysis of data and information in preparation of external and internal dossiers); prepare dossiers/special project reports (this requires input from a wide variety of individuals, research on a wide variety of topics and compilation, analysis and synthesis of data and information).
- Undertake, create and manage continuous improvement and special projects for EOE and Human Resources through research and, data collection on employment related issues; these projects can include creation of processes for university initiatives or obligations, benchmarking with other universities or organizations for work processes, procedures, etc.
- Support requests for internship placements as well as casual labour at Concordia by maintaining database and matching applicants and host departments; this process includes screening applicants and following up on assignments.
- Provide active support for employee on-boarding if required as well as updating organizational charts, staff lists and presentations, if required.
- Provide support for the Employment Equity Program when required; this may require updating databases, communication and interfacing with government entities.
- Act as backup to the Employment Assistant, during her absence if required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Human Resources, Administration or Business) and two to four years of relevant experience.
- CHRP designation strongly desirable.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word, Outlook and basic knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint; experience in creating and managing organizational charts.
- Familiarity with the Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written French.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Ability to be discreet when discussing confidential information.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; discretion with strong sense of confidentiality and ability to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- Self-starter with problem-solving skills, and the ability to motivate people.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills; sound judgement.
- Proven leadership, team building and influencing skills.
$62,018.00 - $71,919.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by October 3, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities