Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE PROVOST AND VICE-PRESIDENT, ACADEMIC
SENIOR DIRECTOR, COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT & SOCIAL IMPACT (C1756)
Deadline: January 15, 2020
This posting represents a five (5) year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Provost and Vice-President, Academic, the incumbent provides strategic leadership at an institutional level to advance the University’s cross-institutional and social impact-focused efforts. He/she oversees the Office of Community Engagement (OCE) and the SHIFT Centre for Social Transformation in their respective missions and mandates, and fosters the units’ alignment with the University’s academic priorities and engagement commitments.
- Provide strategic leadership at an institutional level by overseeing and championing the University’s major community engagement and social impact initiatives.
- Supervise and provide effective leadership and coaching for senior OCE and SHIFT staff.
- Ensure effectiveness and coherence of planning, development, and partnership management functions as well as evaluation tools and measures.
- Oversee an effective and harmonized communications strategy including web presence, social media, and public engagements.
- Work with academic leadership to enhance and increase community engagement and social impact opportunities within the University’s core teaching and research activities; review and identify priority areas of focus in collaboration with the Provost and the Provost’s executive team.
- Provide strategic leadership at an institutional level by serving as a visible and dedicated University resource to advance community engagement and social impact by serving on relevant internal committees and working groups and representing the University externally on these matters.
- Ensure coordination of institutional responses to relevant surveys required or conducted by government or other non-governmental bodies.
- Explicitly position Concordia University as a national leader in community engagement and social impact.
- Advise and accompany decision-making processes for the Provost on strategic opportunities including major projects, the hosting of large-scale events (conferences, symposia, gatherings, challenges) and classification or designation processes.
- Provide strategic leadership on special projects or initiatives determined by the Provost.
- Liaise with University Advancement in the identification and stewardship of current or prospective donors and in the development of proposals to support the University’s community engagement and social impact priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and over ten years of experience in a related field.
- Master’s degree in a related field desirable.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of written and spoken English; good knowledge (Level 4) of written and spoken French.
- Demonstrated engagement with initiatives to drive social impact and systems-change within the Canadian post-secondary sector.
- Familiarity with university governance and operations.
- Familiarity with non-profit and community sectors.
- Familiarity with social innovation, social economy, and social entrepreneurship landscapes in Montreal and beyond.
- Demonstrated ability to lead diversely composed teams through complex projects and processes.
- Demonstrated anti-racist, decolonizing and anti-oppressive practices.
- Demonstrated experience in positions requiring sound judgment, discretion, and diplomacy.
- Experience leading high-performing professional staff.
- Superior interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work collegially with internal staff and external partners.
$ 117,644.00 - $ 136,454.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 15, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities