Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE PROVOST AND VICE-PRESIDENT, ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
OFFICE ASSISTANT (P1794)
Deadline: July 29, 2019
This position represents a temporary leave replacement effective until May 15, 2021.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Integration, Office of the Provost and functionally to a Vice-Provost, the incumbent provides administrative and logistical support to the Office of the Provost, serves as an initial contact person for visitors, provides general information and assistance to students, faculty members and the general public as required. He/she also provides scheduling and administrative support to the Vice-Provost.
- Manage the agenda of the Vice-Provost; schedule internal and external appointments and meetings; ensure relevant documentation is included (agenda, note sheets, action item sheets, e-mails, formal documentation, etc.) to support the daily activities of the Vice-Provost.
- Monitor the Vice-Provost public email account, and respond to, or re-direct inquiries accordingly. Perform secretarial, event coordination and administrative duties for the Office.
- Welcome and direct visitors accordingly. Act as a resource person for faculty, students and staff for all general information related to the Office.
- Compose and send general correspondence to faculty and staff.
- Process mail, send faxes, maintain bulletin boards and order stationery supplies to ensure the efficiency of the day to day operations of the department.
- Maintain “bring-forward and follow up” systems for proper management of documents; organize and maintain files.
- Review, verify, process, and follow up on staff expense reports, corporate credit card, internal and interdepartmental expenses, and perform other functions in relation to the Office’s financial administration.
- Responsible for travel plans and travel expense reports and monthly expense reports for the Vice-Provost.
- Participate in Office projects and other activities as required by the Vice-Provost and Executive Director.
- Attestation of College Studies (ACS) and two to four years of related work experience.
- A calm, even and professional demeanor.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with senior officials and all of the diverse constituencies of the university community, as well as with external contacts.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French in order to provide and interpret detailed information and to write routine correspondence.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word and Excel; ability to work with outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work outside normal work hours.
$26.72 - $32.14 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by July 29, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities