Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ENROLMENT SERVICES, BIRKS STUDENT SERVICE CENTRE
SERVICE ASSISTANT (P1670)
Deadline: October 17, 2019
This posting represents a temporary leave replacement effective until June 5, 2020. Work schedule: 35 hours per week. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 9:30a.m. - 5:30p.m. Thursday: 10:30a.m. - 6:30p.m.
Reporting to the Manager, Birks Student Service Centre, the incumbent is responsible for providing welcoming and professional front-line customer service. He/she provides information concerning the university administrative and financial issues and accurately processes a wide variety of financial and non-financial transactions. The Service Assistant is also responsible for resolving student concerns within the scope of the role and for escalating more complex issues to the appropriate resource.
- Provide information and assistance to students regarding university procedures, guidelines and requirements. Liaise with various university departments to resolve more complex questions or situations as required.
- Process a wide variety of student-related transactions which include the submission of various forms, creation of student ID cards, payment of tuition and fees, etc.
- Prepare enrolment status letters, at the request of the student.
- Verify documentation pertaining to applications and other forms. Interpret and review information on file for students and account status.
- Distribute and record the disbursement of student aid cheques as per established rules.
- Provide information and service related to students’ account.
- Process socio-demographic changes on behalf of the student on the student information system (SIS).
- Close electronic payment deposit shift; balance and verify daily cashier transactions register and submit all covering payments to the Student Accounts Office.
- Accept and review with the student documentation for Student and Enrolment Services programs and ensure timely forwarding of documents to the appropriate department.
- Provide reception duties on a rotational basis.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (two year pre-university DEC) and one to two years of work experience in a customer service role. Previous experience working in an academic setting desirable.
- Knowledge of Concordia University rules, regulation and the academic calendar an asset.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English to communicate effectively with students and faculty; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French to answer general inquiries. Knowledge of additional languages an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Word to edit documents. Knowledge of the Student Information System (SIS) an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal firmly but politely with students and other concerned parties.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of the team and independently.
- Sensitivity to students’ concerns
- Approachability, being sensitive and patient with others, ability to keep composure and to be a calming influence in a difficult situation is desirable.
- Keen attention to details with the ability to multitask and work under pressure. Ability to respond to a large number of client inquiries highly desirable.
- Ability to work outside normal operating hours.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE261-14A and that the associated salary range is $25.27 to $30.00 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by October 17, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities