Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE TREASURER
ADVISOR, INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO (C4512)
Deadline: August 28, 2019
This posting represents a two (2) year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Director, Investments, the incumbent acts as a dedicated support to the Office of the Treasurer’s Investments Portfolio by providing quality control and assurances as to the source information used for strategic and tactical managerial purposes. He/she assumes ongoing tasks required with respect to the financial management and governance of all investment programs at the University.
- Provide specialized advise and/or informed opinions to the University's Foundation, Pension Fund and Investment committees in order to decide best course of action for optimizing Financial returns.
- Provide financial identification, analysis, evaluation and recommendation of opportunities with respect to Investments, Asset allocations, investment policy designs and re-balancing.
- Perform financial planning, funding development, formalization, implementation, forecasting, budgeting and measurement processes of return on investments targets, investment risks, pay-outs and financial reserves.
- Financial accounting, reporting, monitoring, review and treatment optimizing recommendation procedures of avoiding, mitigating, transferring, retaining and exploiting with respect to the Pension Fund, Concordia University Foundation, Portfolio Management Foundation and the Endowment management system.
- Financial consulting, communication and administrative support services with respect to the Pension and Foundations investments, sale of securities received as gifts/bequests, endowment/special funds and Advancement.
- Supervise and execute due diligence on the core expert service providers and the University's creditor's relationship management including the University's investment consultants, portfolio managers, and custodians.
- Supervise, train and discipline the Financial Account as well as other contractual and permanent employees.
- Work closely with Advancement, through in the analysis, assessment, planning, funding and control of all their gift projects.
- Perform other duties as required by the supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to the primary responsibilities and four to seven years of related work experience.
- Professional designation/certificate (C.F.A, C.A, etc…) highly desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of the investment industry.
- Good knowledge (level 4) of spoken and written English and French.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, in conjunction with proven leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate planning processes, direct and manage projects within established deadlines and parameters.
- Ability to interpret complex situations and resolve conflicts with professionalism and discretion.
- Good understanding of computing and automation technologies and administrative and information systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Access; good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Outlook and Word.
$84,040.00 - $100,379.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 28, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities