Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS ADVISOR (C5464)
Deadline: October 8, 2019
Amended posting. This posting represents a three-year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Manager, Employee and Labour Relations, the incumbent assists in fostering and maintaining harmonious employee and labour relations with respect to the University’s bargaining units.
- Provide advice on the interpretation and application of collective agreements and on various employee labour relations issues.
- Collect, analyze, evaluate relevant facts and provide guidance and advice on issues respecting human resources and employee relations management, best practices and trends, collective agreements, disciplinary matters, grievance and arbitration matters, and applicable labour legislation and regulation.
- Work with the University community to foster a climate of cooperation and joint responsibility towards grievance resolution and represents the community at labour-management committees, arbitration hearings, and cases before le Tribunal administratif du travail and/or other tribunals.
- Assist line management in developing employee relations’ skills.
- Assist and write recommendations and reports pertaining to employee and labour relations issues.
- Ensure implementation of decisions, agreed-upon settlements, negotiate and draft grievance settlements and letters of agreements.
- Assist in preparing goals and strategies related to negotiations and document meetings and files.
- Develop and deliver training on human resources and employee relations management issues.
- Support disciplinary cases, investigations, grievances management, requests for information external to the team and court cases by building timelines, documenting, comparing, researching and developing a rational point of view aligned with the collective agreements, different Labour and charter provisions and Labour standards, decisions and jurisprudence.
- Translate official documents
- Bachelor's Degree in Management of Human Resources or Labour Relations and two to four years of related work experience,
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation or Canadian Industrial Relations Association (CIRA) or Member of the Barreau du Quebec is highly desirable
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and French in order to give clear and sound advice to the University community, deliver training, analyze and answer grievances and represent the University during meetings and at hearings.
- Excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to multitask and to bring projects to successful completion within stipulated deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work in a team environment, using a collaborative approach.
- Knowledge (Basic level) of the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Rigorous, accurate and detail oriented.
$72,950.00 - $84,595.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by October 8, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities