Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
DISTRIBUTION AND TRANSPORTATION SERVICES
TRUCK HELPER (P1471)
Deadline: September 25, 2019
This is a permanent full-time position: 38.75 hours per week; (5-days workweek, working from 7:45am to 4:00pm)
Reporting to the Supervisor, Distribution, Transportation and Mail Services, the incumbent assists in the transport and the delivery of goods, materials, furniture, and equipment throughout the University.
- Load and unload trucks, with or without the assistance of the Truck Driver.
- Operate forklifts and other material-handling equipment.
- Obtain proper documentation and signatures when picking up and delivering goods; sign the appropriate documents to acknowledge the receipt of goods.
- Assist the driver in maintaining the truck logbook and help with the cleaning and the maintenance of the truck.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Supervisor, Distribution and Transportation Services.
- High School Diploma (SSD) and two years of related work experience.
- Class 5 driver’s license.
- Ability to operate forklifts and other material-handling equipment highly desirable.
- Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken English and French interact with clients and to provide basic information. Basic knowledge (Level 3) of written English to fill out forms.
- Knowledge of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and of the Transport of Dangerous Goods (TDG) regulations (chemical, biological and/or bio-hazardous materials) desirable
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills; client-service orientation.
- Successful completion of a toxicology exam.
- Physical ability as attested by successful completion of medical evaluation to the University’s satisfaction. (e.g.: to lift, carry and move, without assistance, up to 23 kg (50lbs)) and with assistance up to 45kg (100 lbs.).
$24.52 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 25, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities