Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ADMISSIONS ASSISTANT (P2506A)
Deadline: October 29, 2019
This posting represents a maternity leave replacement effective until December 18, 2020.
Reporting to the Manager, Application and Documentation Processing, the incumbent is responsible for effectively supporting admission activities by assessing documentation and providing students with the guidance needed to ensure they are able to complete their applications for admissions.
- Assess admission applications for completeness; update the admission decision field after the application has been analyzed and cancel files when appropriate.
- Authenticate official documents for North American and International applicants according to established procedures.
- Notify applicants in writing when files are incomplete, and what additional documents are required; notify applicants in writing when files are cancelled.
- Determine if applicants are required to take a language diagnostic test and if required, notify the applicant and schedule the test.
- Respond to requests from students, faculty and staff. Refer students to appropriate source as required.
- Liaise with academic departments with regards to specific admissions related matters.
- Perform Concordia student record maintenance for duplicate I.D. numbers, deferred files and post-admission proofreading.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (two year pre-university DEC) and two to four years of related work experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to communicate effectively with students, staff and faculty; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French to respond to general inquiries.
- Basic knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal firmly but politely with students and other concerned parties.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Keen attention to details.
- Sensitivity to applicants’ concerns.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE130-14A and that the associated salary range is $28.62 - $34.04 /hour.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by October 29, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities