Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
MECHANIC, REFRIGERATION AND AIR (P3499)
Deadline: November 5, 2019
Repost. This posting represents a permanent full-time position: 38.75 hours of work per week (four-day workweek, 3 days from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and one day from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
Reporting to the Technical and Mechanical Supervisor, the incumbent installs, maintains, and repairs refrigeration and air conditioning systems as well as combined heating, ventilation, and cooling systems.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, or other specifications.
- Measure and lay out reference points for installation.
- Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components such as motors, controls, gauges, valves, circulating pumps, condensers, humidifiers, evaporators, and compressors, using hand and power tools.
- Supervise installations, search for causes of breakdowns, and restore the refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
- Start up system and test for leaks using testing devices.
- Fill up system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system, and perform routine maintenance or servicing.
- Repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation, or heat pump systems.
- Install and maintain a preventive maintenance system on the equipment.
- Prepare work estimates for clients if required.
- Maintain a log of all refrigerant used as per government regulation.
- Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in Refrigeration or a relevant field and two years of pertinent work experience.
- Valid trade certification for Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanics.
- Knowledge of computerized cooling control systems.
- Knowledge of the thermodynamic and mechanical principles specific to refrigerating and air conditioning systems.
- Ability to read blueprints as well as drawings.
- Training in construction safety.
- Basic knowledge (level 3) of spoken and written English and French in order to understand instructions and to read and interpret specifications.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Good problem-solving and interpersonal skills; ability to work autonomously.
- Availability to respond to occasional emergency calls and to work on both University campuses.
- Valid driver’s license in Quebec.
- Will require use of hearing protection enrollment in the University’s Hearing Conservation Program.
- Will require use of respiratory protection and enrollment in the University’s Respiratory Protection Program.
- Physical ability to occasionally lift/carry/move without assistance up to 23 kg (50 lbs.) and with assistance over 45 kg (100 lbs.)
$29.70 per hour
STT DES MéTIERS DE CONCORDIA - CSN
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by November 5, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities