Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
GINA CODY SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
MANAGER, CLIENT TECHNOLOGIES (AITS) (P5522)
Deadline: August 23, 2019
Reporting to the Director of IT Strategy, the incumbent is responsible for the management of the School’s teaching labs.
- Analyze the needs for the data-processing hardware, software upgrades and/or modifications to sustain teaching activities.
- Maintain documentation related to systems maintenance.
- Prepare reports on maintenance activities.
- Oversee the purchase of computer and lab equipment required for the teaching labs.
- Research software and hardware solutions related to teaching activities.
- Prepare a plan for upgrades (software & hardware).
- Advise users with regard to modifications and maintenance related to lab equipment.
- Prepare and maintain the teaching image cuts (Windows system images and Linux system image).
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a field relevant to the primary responsibilities and four to seven years of related experience.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience of system administration on large scale installation of server and workstations running under Windows, Linux (or any other Unix operating system).
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English to understand and provide complex information, clear explanations, and to compose documentation, correspondence and reports; basic spoken French an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience working with networking protocols, network equipment, as well as server and PC hardware.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills and exemplary client service orientation.
$93,405.00- $108,338.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 23, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities