Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
GINA CODY SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE (GCS)
ADVISOR, REGISTRATION & SCHEDULING (P5502)
Deadline: August 28, 2019
This is a leave replacement position effective until March 30, 2020.
Reporting to the Manager, Student Academic Services, the incumbent is responsible for scheduling and maintaining the graduate and undergraduate courses for GCS as well as give effective and appropriate guidance and assistance to students on course registration.
- Administer scheduling of GCS graduate and undergraduate courses and apply relevant policies, practices and procedures to the scheduling processes and all related activities, in collaboration with the appropriate Academic Personnel at the departments of the School and the University.
- Review, process and provide timely and accurate responses to Student Requests such as transfer credits and exemptions, requests for credit overload, etc. based on the School and University policies and update the student file accordingly.
- Process requests for exchange and visiting students.
- Coordinate the readmission workshops and presentations.
- Advise and assist students with course registration and provide information to current, former and prospective students and other university stakeholders on faculty and university policies, practices and procedures as it relates to the course schedule and course registration.
- Maintain liaison with internal stakeholder (departments, service units).
- Participate in preparing and editing web based material for current and perspective students; compile and edit curriculum letters to the undergraduate students at GCS.
- Identify process and procedural challenges and contribute to finding efficiencies and improvements.
- Represent Student Academic Services (SAS) on committees.
- Participate in file adjudication.
- Perform other duties in support of GCS.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and two to four years of related experience in scheduling and registration.
- Experience in making effective decisions, dealing well with ambiguity and working under pressure in a high volume, fast paced and high pressure team environment.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and students and to draft correspondence and documentation. Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French.
- Basic knowledge of Word (to create documents and reports) and good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Excel and Access (to work with spreadsheets and databases).
- Knowledge of faculty curriculum, policies and procedures and/or knowledge of the provincial, Canadian and international education systems, assets.
- Aptitude to work in a service-orientated environment, as both a team member and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with students, faculty, staff and the general public.
- Strong planning, organizational, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to change and work extended hours outside normal operating hours.
$65,444.99 - $78,173.81 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 28, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities