Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SERVICE ASSISTANT (P2620C)
Deadline: July 5, 2019
Reporting to the Department Administrator, the incumbent provides front-line receptionist functions, responding to routine telephone and in-person enquiries, and directing callers and visitors to the appropriate individual or office.
- Respond to all routine queries, and direct inquiries to appropriate individuals. Sort and distribute mail and deliveries.
- Assist the Undergraduate Program Assistant, Undergraduate Program Director and Advisors with the day-to-day administration of the program.
- Administer the Research Participant Pool, coordinates appropriate credits towards program to eligible undergraduate students.
- Responsible for overrides of 200-level Psychology courses and organizes small group orientations.
- Assist part-time and full-time faculty with the ordering of textbooks, formatting exams and course outlines.
- Make appointments for students with Undergraduate Program Academic Advisors, create and maintain student files.
- Generate and monitor photocopy codes by managing the DPrint System for the department and making service calls for office equipment when necessary.
- Attestation of College Studies (ACS) in Office Administration or in a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of related work experience in a university environment, particularly in an academic department.
- Ability to take and transcribe minutes an asset.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to respond to program related inquiries and basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French in order to respond to basic questions; knowledge of written French an asset.
- Familiarity with undergraduate policies and procedures an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Word (to create and format documents), of Excel (to create and update spreadsheets) and of Access (to run simple queries). Ability to navigate through web-based applications.
- Familiarity with the University’s Student Information System (SIS) and Concordia University Portal Services highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrated pro-active attitude, problem solving sills and customer service orientation; ability to take initiatives and work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize work and to deal with a high volume of inquiries.
* Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE255-14A and that the associated salary range is $23.31 - $27.68 /hour.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by July 5, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities