Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
CAMPUS WELLNESS AND SUPPORT SERVICES
SERVICE ASSISTANT (P4869)
Deadline: December 2, 2019
This posting represents a maternity leave replacement effective until May 1, 2021.
Reporting to the Department Coordinator, the incumbent provides front-line customer service and supports the daily operations of Access Centre for Students with Disabilities (ACSD) and Counseling and Psychological Services (CPS). He/she carries out an initial triage at the reception desk, prioritizes needs, and schedules appointments within Campus Wellness and Support Services, as appropriate.
- Provide front-line reception to the business units, welcome clientele and visitors, and respond to inquiries and book appointments with counsellors and advisors; receive requests for resources such as laptops and other technologies.
- Prepare correspondence, advise visitors of program schedules, or inform clientele of missed appointments.
- Enter data pertaining to accommodated exam requests for students with disabilities; provide scheduling information on special exams to students and faculty.
- Respond to inquiries received on the ACSD information email address.
- Prepare confidential dossiers for clientele visits, and ensure that files are complete with valid identification and documentation appropriate to each business unit.
- Identify urgent and emergency situations and ensure that the appropriate professionals are immediately notified.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail, faxes and special delivery.
- Enter and modify information in scheduling, and record management systems; compile statistical reports.
- Book conference rooms and assist with ordering of equipment and refreshments.
- Provide general office and clerical support for business units.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (two year pre-university DEC) and one to two years of related work experience.
- Previous experience working in a high-volume service area.
- Previous experience in a Health setting is an asset.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to communicate effectively with students, faculty and staff; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Keen attention to details.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal sensitively with individuals.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Approachability (is sensitive and patient with others) and composure (is a calming influence in a difficult situation).
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE255-14A and the associate salary range is $25.27 to $30.00 per hour.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by December 2, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities