Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE PROVOST AND VICE-PRESIDENT ACADEMIC
DIRECTOR, INSTITUTE FOR COOPERATIVE EDUCATION (C3137)
Deadline: November 15, 2016
This posting represents a five (5) year full-time contract position.
Concordia's Institute for Cooperative Education provides coop opportunities for more than 1,800 highly skilled students 40 undergraduate and 4 graduate programs. Reporting to the Vice-Provost, Teaching and Learning and leading a team of 17 dedicated professionals, the Director of the Institute provides leadership and oversees cooperative education programs at Concordia. The Director will build new and strengthen existing relationships with industry, non-governmental and community partners, to deliver outstanding cooperative education programs, and to explore innovative delivery models. Using exceptional communication skills and marketing know-how, the Director increases the visibility of Concordia and the Institute to external partners, potential students, and alumni. A collaborator and entrepreneur, the Director also establishes strong working relationships across the university community with students, faculty, non-academic colleagues, and the senior academic leadership.
- Position Concordia University as an innovation leader in cooperative education.
- Expand and promote the Cooperative Education programs internally and externally; engage the local, national and international business communities to seek opportunities for students and to increase the Institute's visibility and appeal.
- Lead University initiatives in facilitating, establishing and expanding new and varied work study programs.
- Develop and oversee communication and marketing strategies to maintain and enhance opportunities for, and increase rates of participation in the Coop programs in, all academic units.
- Working with the Office of Recruitment, Faculties and the School of Graduate Studies to contribute to student recruitment activities for the University, by providing information on the Coop programs.
- Explore innovative models for Coop program delivery and funding, including partnerships with non-governmental organizations, community partners and other non-traditional Coop sponsors.
- Initiate and maintain positive working relationships between students, faculty, Coop staff, Universities and employers.
- Assist in the resolution of academic concerns, student appeals, grievances and disciplinary problems involving members of the Institute for Cooperative Education.
- Work with Advancement to explore opportunities for donor and other support of Coop activities.
- Prepare the Institute's budget estimates, including determination of budgetary priorities and budget allocation.
- Oversee allocation of the Institute's physical resources.
- Hire, train and motivate unit personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate discipline (Master's degree or a Graduate Diploma in Business is an asset) and four to seven years of relevant managerial experience.. Experience in cooperative education and experiential learning within a University environment is an asset.
- Excellent spoken and written English and French in order to communicate effectively in both official languages.
- Strong financial and business acumen, with experience in planning, setting and monitoring budgets and allocation of resources.
- Experience in the development and implementation of communication and marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and decision making skills, coupled with the ability to establish and respond to priorities in a fast-paced results-oriented setting.
- Proven ability to manage projects in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment, preferably in an academic setting.
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to motivate people and build relationships at all levels.
- Proven team leader and team builder, with the ability to foster a positive team environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal, leadership and communication skills with demonstrated public speaking/presentation abilities.
- Experience working within a unionized environment is an asset.
-- per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by November 15, 2016. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities