Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
TECHNOLOGY SANDBOX TECHNICIAN - INFORMATION SYSTEMS & TECHNOLOGY (C1774)
Deadline: September 2, 2016
This posting represents a one (1) year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Manager, Information Systems and Technology, the incumbent provides consultation, support, and training for activities in the technology sandbox.
- Maintain the hardware and software infrastructure of the technology sandbox as well as the hours of operations.
- Maintain a log of activities in the technology sandbox including but not limited to inventory supplies, equipment use, sales, loans, and workshop outcomes.
- Assist on technical projects of varying scale under minimal supervision. Demonstrate initiative in solving unexpected problems associated with projects and daily work.
- Proactively establish a positive relationship by demonstrating a sense of urgency in interactions with clients.
- Support activities that are led by Librarians in the technology sandbox.
- Assist technicians with routine maintenance needs, and maintenance requiring outside vendors. Interact with hardware and software vendors as appropriate to solve problems.
- Make suggestions for technical modifications to solve existing and anticipate future problems.
- Implement appropriate technology upgrades and new purchases, as well as performing sourcing.
- Conduct equipment demonstrations and other technical training sessions.
- Perform other duties as required in support of the operation of the unit.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in a field relevant to the primary responsibilities and two years of experience in the areas of electronics, prototyping platforms, and 3D printing.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English (Level 4) and basic knowledge of spoken French (Level 3).
- Adept with electronics tools and equipment such as soldering irons, regulated power supplies, multimeters, and oscilloscopes is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to excel in a team oriented, project based work environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate advanced technical issues and practices to a wide range of skill levels, from beginners to advanced is crucial.
- Comprehensive knowledge as demonstrated by an understanding and use of the principles, theories and practices pertinent in the area of responsibility.
- Experience with gaming hardware (PC, console, handheld).
- Very good knowledge of microcontrollers (such as Arduino, PIC, Atmel).
- Very good knowledge of one or more programming languages (e.g., Python, Java, C, C++, Max/MSP/Jitter).
$42,947.00 - $64,682.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 2, 2016. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities