Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
TECHNOLOGY ANALYST (VISUALIZATION) - INFORMATION SYSTEMS & TECHNOLOGY (C1773)
Deadline: December 6, 2016
This is a second posting. This position is a one (1) year full-time contract appointment.
The Concordia Library is seeking applicants for the position of Technology Analyst (Visualization) as part of the Information Systems and Technology unit. The Concordia Library will offer advanced visualization services in support of research and teaching in all academic disciplines. The incumbent will take a leadership role in engaging research faculty, and creating tools and guides to enhance these services as well supporting librarian led initiatives requiring these services. Reporting to the Manager, Information Systems and Technology, the incumbent facilitates, mediates and ensures support for the Library's use of technologies for services in teaching, learning, and research by working collaboratively with multiple IT teams, librarians, and library patrons.
- Take an active role in the ongoing development and implementation of the technology program initiatives.
- Participate in the design, development and implementation of visualization resources and services.
- Engage research faculty, and create tools and guides to enhance services.
- Implement technical projects of varying scale under minimal supervision. Demonstrate initiative in solving unexpected problems associated with projects and daily work.
- Participate in library planning, serve on library-wide committees and working groups.
- Proactively establish a positive relationship by demonstrating a sense of urgency in interactions with clients.
- Identify trends and make suggestions for technical modifications to solve existing and anticipate future problems.
- Conduct tours for visitors and collaborators internal and external to Concordia.
- Provide instruction and lead workshops on data and visualization tools.
- Support activities that are led by Librarians.
- Research, recommend and implement appropriate technology upgrades and new purchases, as well as performing sourcing and purchasing.
- Recommend the most appropriate methodology for delivering equipment demonstrations and other technical training sessions.
- Coordinate routine maintenance needs performed by technicians, maintenance requiring routine assistance, and maintenance requiring outside vendor. Interact with hardware and software vendors as appropriate to solve problems.
- Perform other duties as required in support of the operation of the unit.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistical Science or in a field relevant to the primary responsibilities and one to two years of experience in the areas of audiovisual technology and data visualization. Graduate degree an asset.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English (Level 4).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a team oriented, project based work environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate advanced technical issues and practices to a wide range of skill levels, from beginners to advanced is crucial.
- Ability to provide instruction or leading workshops.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and planning skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge as demonstrated by an understanding and use of the principles, theories and practices pertinent in the area of responsibility.
- Experience with data collection, manipulation, and analysis using SAS, SQL, Excel, etc. to develop dynamic visuals using software such as WolframAlpha, Tableau and Excel.
- Experience with visualization programming (e.g., Processing, R, D3.js).
- Familiarity with interactive gesture and touch technologies.
- Experience with VR technologies and microcontrollers (such as Arduino, PIC, Atmel) an asset.
- Experience with one or more programming languages (e.g., Python, Java, C, C++, Max/MSP/Jitter) an asset.
- Knowledge of a University environment and/or library setting an asset.
$59,026.00 - $70,543.00 per annum per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by December 6, 2016. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities