Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
SENIOR ADVISOR, ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (C4564)
Deadline: February 19, 2018
Repost. This is a 5-year renewable full-time contract appointment.
Reporting to the Manager, Organizational Development, the incumbent contributes to the development and enhancement of an organizational culture by increasing the long-term health and performance of the organization through an array of organizational development, talent management programs, planned changes and interventions. He/She will provide expertise in human relations and contribute to the development of people, tools and programs that will foster development of a diverse and performing workforce.
- Develop relationships with key members of the Concordia community in order to provide effective interventions, such as organizational reviews and performance and change strategies;
- Design and implement organizational effectiveness interventions.
- Contribute to the development of the Universitys capacity to manage change: perform organizational diagnostics, promote cultural change, and support organizational transformation;
- Perform needs assessments and provide feedback to clients on plan of action or interventions best suited for Concordia community;
- Design and deliver solutions for organizational development projects, including coaching of resources and processes and tools development (manuals, training, etc.);
- Design and deliver solutions for human resource development; create networks of internal and external resources to deliver targeted interventions;
- Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of solutions through management of resources, implementation, reporting, and continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement a change management strategy for the implementation of the Human Resources Information system (HRIS) to support the kick off of the project in the short term and the Human Resources team in the long term.
- Bachelors degree with a specialization in Human Resources, Human Systems Intervention, Human Relations, Organizational Development, Psychology, or another field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and four to seven years of relevant experience in the conduct of a wide variety of OD interventions in varied organizational settings. Masters degree an asset.
- Certified Human Resources Professional designation an asset.
- Proven track record and experience in the development and implementation of complex OD strategies, change management projects strategies and implementation, organizational needs analysis, process review, design and delivery of OD solutions, use of variety of tools, group facilitation, and individual coaching.
- Strong knowledge of principles of change management, system interventions, organizational development, emotional intelligence, organizational design, training, and development.
- Excellent knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and very good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word and PowerPoint; knowledge (Basic level) of Excel.
- Superior communication, analytical and writing skills.
- Strong strategic and creative system thinking, personal commitment and drive for results, flexibility, and leadership.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to interact with faculty, staff, and management at all levels within the organization.
- Proven ability to work effectively in teams.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 19, 2018. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities