Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
RECREATION AND ATHLETICS
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, STUDENT ATHLETE SERVICES (C1556)
Deadline: February 19, 2018
This posting represents a four (4) year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Director, Recreation & Athletics. the incumbent is responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing the Athletics portfolio as well as the daily program management of interuniversity sports, including human resource management, budgeting, travel, communications, fundraising policy adherence, sponsorship policy adherence, and conflict resolution.
- Provide leadership in the strategic planning for the Department of Athletics as well as interuniversity sports, including the direction and development of facilities and services.
- Provide broad delivery of services, information, and support to approximately 375 student-athletes including orientation sessions, leadership opportunities, and information about compliance procedures and athlete administration (e.g. doping/drug education, eligibility requirements, etc.). This information has a critical bearing on each athlete's ability to compete in sanctioned RSEQ (The Réseau du sport étudiant du Québec) and USports competition.
- Hire, direct, supervise and evaluate staff performance within the unit (including the coaching staff); identify training needs and introduce professional development opportunities in support of the needs of the unit.
- Ensure appropriate risk management procedures related to the Department's therapy services, travel arrangements, and strength and conditioning.
- Develop and manage, in collaboration with the Director, the annual athletic budget and ensure that expenditures stay within limits; Manage and track disbursements for Athletic trust accounts, including Athletic Financial Awards working closely with the Student Awards and Financial Aid Office; Ensure compliance with RSEQ, Ontario University Athletics (OUA) and USports regulations regarding awards.
- In collaboration with the Manager, Facilities Planning & Development and the Supervisor, Sports Communications, develop business plans and procedures related to game-day operations for ticketed ("gate") sports; Liaise with the Marketing, Sports Info, Facilities and Events staff pertaining to team promotion, marketing, sponsorship, fundraising, branding, and the execution of responsibilities around game-day operations.
- Represent Recreation & Athletics as well as the University on various internal and external committees including the RSEQ and USports.
- Liaise and collaborate with internal stakeholders, Student & Enrolment Services colleagues, professionals and departmental staff to develop and support services and programs offered by Recreation & Athletics.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with alumni, and provides leadership in the planning and implementation of special alumni events and activities.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit as well as the development of the Student and Enrolment Services sector.
- Bachelor's degree in a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and four to seven years of related work experience.
- Previous experience working in a provincial or national sport organization milieu and/or in Student Services or Student Life programs, an asset.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and French in order to communicate effectively and to draft correspondence, documentation and reports.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven leadership, management and team-building skills with strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to establish and respond to priorities.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of the governance, policies and procedures of the provincial (RSEQ) and national bodies (USports and other national sport organizations) as well as a complete understanding of compliance procedures.
- Superior planning, negotiation, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Dedication to providing exceptional customer service.
- Effective administrator with good budget management skills and experience.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a team environment.
- Ability to work outside normal operating hours with the ability to travel when required.
$85,532.00 - $99,244.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 19, 2018. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities