Congratulations! You’re almost finished your degree! It’s time to apply to graduate, and if you plan to attend convocation, you will need to register. Here are the steps you need to complete.
Students who complete their studies in December 2022 or April 2023 are part of the spring 2023 graduation class.
- Classics, Modern Languages & Linguistics
- Communication Studies
- Études françaises
- Individualized Program – Humanities (Graduate Level)
- Liberal Arts College
- Political Science
- School of Community & Public Affairs
- School of Irish Studies (Interdisciplinary Studies)
- Theological Studies
- Individualized Program- Social Sciences (Graduate- level)
- Religions and Cultures
- Simone de Beauvoir Institute & Women Studies
- Sociology & Anthropology
- Undergraduate Certificate (Cert.) – Arts & Science
- Applied Human Sciences
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Geography, Planning & Environment
- Health, Kinesiology & Applied Physiology
- Individualized Program – Graduate level (Pure Sciences)
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Undergraduate Certificate (Cert.) - Science Foundations
- Chemical & Materials Engineering
- Computer Science & Software Engineering:
- Graduate Diplomas (GrDip)
- Master of Computer Science (MCompSc)
- Master of Applied Science (MASc)
- Master of Engineering (MEng)
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Mechanical, Industrial & Aerospace Engineering (MIAE)
- Building, Civil, & Environmental Engineering (BCEE)
- Computer Science & Software Engineering (CSSE):
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (BCompSc)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng)
- Master of Applied Computer Science (MApCompSc)
- Concordia Institute for Information Systems Engineering (CIISE)
- Accountancy (Undergrad. Cert., Grad. Cert., GrDip – including CPA)
- Finance (BComm, MSc)
- General Administration
- Business Administration (Grad Cert., GrDip, PhD*)
- Business Studies (Undergrad. Cert.)
- Foundations for Business (Undergrad. Cert.)
- Quantitative Business Studies (Grad Cert.)
- International Business (BComm)
- Management (MSc)
- Marketing (MSc)
- Supply Chain & Business Technology Management (BComm, MSCM)
*Includes all Doctor of Philosophy - Business Administration in: Accountancy; Finance; Marketing; Management; or Supply Chain & Business Technology Management
- Accountancy (BComm)
- Economics (BComm)
- Executive MBA
- General Administration (BAdmin, MBA)
- Human Resource Management (BComm)
- Investment Management (MBA)
- Management (BComm)
- Marketing (BComm)
Potential graduates will receive an email when registration is open. Approved deferrals gain access in early May.
Before you graduate
1. Apply to graduate
Remember, all students must apply to graduate, regardless of whether you plan to attend convocation.
If you plan to graduate in June 2023, you must apply before January 15, 2023. To graduate, you must complete all your program requirements by the end of the winter 2023 term.
Participating in convocation ceremonies is free of charge, optional, and requires an additional registration. A link to register will be sent to you via email once convocation dates are set.
Applying for a final exam deferral may delay your graduation. You can contact email@example.com if you are a potential graduate and have questions about this.
Steps to apply to graduate:
- Log into your Student Hub
- Select My CU Account
- Select "Academic” and scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you’ll find “Apply for Graduation.”
- You will be asked to pay a fee of $45
- Once you pay the fee, your application is submitted
2. Pay any outstanding fees
Check your account and be sure to pay any outstanding fees, including library fees, before signing up to attend convocation ceremonies. See acceptable methods of payment.
3. Check your approval status
Your graduation approval status is posted in the CU Account page on the Student Hub.
Degrees are conferred twice a year at Concordia: In May for those who complete their studies in the fall or winter terms, and in October for those who complete their studies in the summer terms. After you have applied to graduate, you status will remain as pending until your degree is conferred. Degree conferral for spring graduates is May 19. Your degree conferral status will be added to your unofficial transcript the week of May 23, at which point, “credential awarded” will appear, followed by the confer date.
|Graduate Credential Summary|
||Master of Engineering
|Program/Plan:||Master of Engineering
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Please note that if you've completed other degrees at Concordia, this might be displayed in a different part of your unofficial transcript.
If you do not see the Credential Awarded message on the indicated date, please contact Enrolment Services at 514-848-2424, ext. 2668.
4. Apply for academic awards and medals
Non-academic medals and awards recognize great work and are awarded in the spring of every year to both fall and spring graduates. Go to the Medals & awards page.
5. Get ready for your convocation
If you wish to attend your convocation, you must register. Make sure your email address in the Student Hub is correct, and watch for emails about convocation registration, gown distribution and acquiring your guest tickets.
- Learn more about what to expect at the event.
- Read up on all our tips for your big day.
After the big day
Get your diploma (if you didn't attend your ceremony)
Diplomas will be distributed to graduates at the convocation ceremonies in June. After the ceremonies, those who do not attend can either pick-up in-person or submit a form to have it mailed (mailing fees apply). Account balances must be paid in full in order to obtain diplomas.
Concordia keeps diplomas on file for three years, after which they are destroyed.
Pick-up as of July 3 (drop-in hours, no appointment necessary)
Monday to Thursday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Friday: 10 am to 1 p.m.
FB-900 (1250 Guy St., 9th Floor)
You must present photo ID in order to obtain your diploma.
A proxy may pick-up your diploma on your behalf. The proxy must bring a printed and signed authorization form with the graduate's true signature (not a typed font). We do not accept digital versions shown on a device but require the printed copy in hand.
Submit a mailing form
The mailing process will begin in early July 2023. If you are moving over the summer, please wait to submit your form with your new mailing address. To have your diploma mailed, please complete the Diploma Mail-in Form and email or mail it back to us. The mailing fee is $34. (CAD). Complete payment information is indicated on the form.
If you were unable to return your gown at Place des Arts, please drop-off your gown and hood during the pick-up hours listed above.
Charges will apply for unreturned gowns and hoods.
Reap alumni benefits
Get your alumni ID, join your association and get discounts! Visit the Alumni & friends site.
Ceremony dates and times are subject to change without notice.
Please note that, due to evolving conditions and public health restrictions related to COVID-19, convocation ceremonies may be cancelled at short notice. We thank you for your understanding.
At the ceremonies, Concordia may photograph, tape, film, webcast or broadcast the ceremony and reception. Images may be used in Concordia University promotional materials.