Dr. Amir Asif, PhD, PEng
Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Dean, Gina Cody School of Engineering and Computer Science
MS (Carnegie Mellon University, 1993)
PhD (Carnegie Mellon University, 1996)
4. Medical Image Processing
I take teaching very seriously and believe in rigorous education that fosters critical thinking, facilitates the acquisition of life-long learning skills, and develops problem solving strategies in my students. I have the distinction of receiving several teaching awards including the FGS Teaching Excellence Award from the Faculty of Graduate Studies in 2009; the York University Wide Teaching Award (Full-Time Senior Faculty Category) in 2008 from York University; the FSE Teaching Excellence Award (Senior Faculty Category) from the Faculty of Science and Engineering in 2006 and in 2004; and the CSE Mildred Baptist Teaching Excellence Award from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering in 2006 and in 2003.
Sample Research Publications
- Mohammadi, A.; Asif, A., "Distributed Consensus Innovation Particle Filtering for Bearing/Range Tracking With Communication Constraints," Signal Processing, IEEE Transactions on, vol.63, no.3, pp.620-635, February, 2015. doi: 10.1109/TSP.2014.2367468
- Sajjadieh, M.; Asif, A., Compressive Sensing Time Reversal MIMO Radar: Joint Direction and Doppler Frequency Estimation, Signal Processing Letters, IEEE, 2015. accepted.
- Mohammadi, A.; Asif, A., "Full- and reduced-order distributed Bayesian estimation analytical performance bounds," Aerospace and Electronic Systems, IEEE Transactions on, vol.50, no.4, pp.2468-2488, October 2014. doi: 10.1109/TAES.2014.120821
- Mohammadi, A.; Asif, A., "Distributed Particle Filter Implementation With Intermittent/Irregular Consensus Convergence," Signal Processing, IEEE Transactions on, vol.61, no.10, pp.2572-2587, May, 2013. doi: 10.1109/TSP.2013.2245123
- Foroozan, F.; Asif, A., "Time Reversal Based Active Array Source Localization," Signal Processing, IEEE Transactions on, vol.59, no.6, pp.2655-2668, June, 2013. doi: 10.1109/TSP.2011.2128317