Student Academic Services
Tel: 514-848-2424, ext. 4612
Undergraduate student requests and forms
These are the forms for the most common student requests. Please contact Student Academic Services if you need additional assistance.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: During the period of closure, student requests can be emailed to the following address (please ensure that you attach the student request form and all relevant documents as attachments): email@example.com
Use the general student request form for:
- Registration at a university outside Quebec
- Course substitution
- Course overload
- Request to waive university or program residency requirement
- Request to transfer from "Restricted to Part-time" to "Full-time" status
- Request to extend the deadline to submit work for incomplete courses
- Request to unlapse a program
- Other requests
Use the late registration/ late withdrawal request form if you are late registering for a course or if you have missed the deadline to withdraw from a course.
Carefully read the instructions and information and attach the following supporting documents to your request:
- A clear and detailed written explanation of the unforeseen event(s) or circumstance(s) which prevented you from dropping the course(s) by the deadline. Indicate if you are asking for a refund (financial credit) of fees for this course(s)
- All relevant documentation which supports your case. This might include (but is not limited to) such documents as:
- Student Request Medical Certificate (English / français) duly completed, signed and stamped by a licensed medical practitioner (the MD’s licence number must be clearly noted on the form)
- hospital record(s)
- death certificate
- accident/police report
- travel tickets
- a written statement from the instructor of the course(s) confirming when you stopped attending class and that you did not complete course work or exams after that date
The Degree Checkup request is currently unavailable.
Please refer to the Academic Requirements Report in your Student Centre.
To apply for readmission to a BFA degree program.
Download the Readmission Application Form
- Readmission Application Deadline is June 25th, 2021 23h59 for FALL 2021 Semester Entry
- Readmission is assessed annually only for Fall Entry
- Late Submissions will not be considered
Download the Application for Readmission Form & Readmission Agreement
Use this form to request a double major program
- Complete the Double Major Program Request form
- Write a rationale explaining why you wish to be accepted for the double major program and explain how the two programs interrelate and/or intersect and attach it to your completed form
- If you are currently registered in a fine arts program or a program outside the Faculty of Fine Arts and are requesting to add a program in the Faculty of Fine Arts, you must submit the form and rationale to the Department housing the program you wish to add prior to March 1st. In addition, you must fulfill any additional admission requirements (eg. portfolio or audition) stipulated by that program by their published deadline dates. After assessment of your portfolio or audition, your form will be automatically forwarded to Student Academic Services with their recommendation
- If you are currently registered in a fine arts program and are requesting to add a program OUTSIDE of the Faculty of Fine Arts, you must submit the form and rationale to that program to obtain their recommendation. Recommendations must come from either the Chair or a designated Undergraduate Advisor of that department. That Department should return the form and rationale to you and you must then submit it to Student Academic Services (EV 2.705)
- You will be informed of a final decision in writing. Please note that having recommendations for approval by both programs does not automatically guarantee final approval. Final decisions also require the appropriate Faculty level approval
- Student Academic Services