Student Academic Services
Tel: 514-848-2424, ext. 4612
Undergraduate student requests and forms
These are the forms for the most common student requests. Please contact Student Academic Services if you need additional assistance.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: During the period of closure, student requests can be emailed to the following address (please ensure that you attach the student request form and all relevant documents as attachments): email@example.com
Use the general student request form for:
- Registration at a university outside Quebec
- Course substitution
- Course overload
- Request to waive university or program residency requirement
- Request to transfer from "Restricted to Part-time" to "Full-time" status
- Request to extend the deadline to submit work for incomplete courses
- Request to unlapse a program
- Other requests
Use the late registration/ late withdrawal request form if you are late registering for a course or if you have missed the deadline to withdraw from a course.
Carefully read the instructions and information and attach the following supporting documents to your request:
- A clear and detailed written explanation of the unforeseen event(s) or circumstance(s) which prevented you from dropping the course(s) by the deadline. Indicate if you are asking for a refund (financial credit) of fees for this course(s)
- All relevant documentation which supports your case. This might include (but is not limited to) such documents as:
- Student Request Medical Certificate (English / français) duly completed, signed and stamped by a licensed medical practitioner (the MD’s licence number must be clearly noted on the form)
- hospital record(s)
- death certificate
- accident/police report
- travel tickets
- a written statement from the instructor of the course(s) confirming when you stopped attending class and that you did not complete course work or exams after that date
The Degree Checkup request is currently unavailable.
Please refer to the Academic Requirements Report in your Student Centre.
To apply for readmission to a BFA degree program:
- Please carefully re-read the letter from the Registrar’s that you received when falling into “Failed Status”.
- Visit the Student Success Centre Learning Services’ page for Readmission Requirements. Carefully follow the 4 Step instructions.
- Download the Readmission Application FOFA SAS Form
- If you have questions, please join FOFA Academic Connect – Failed/Conditional-Standing/Re-Admission SPECIAL Drop-in Advising
- Monday May 30th 2022 8h30-10h30
- Tuesday May 31st 2022 8h30-11h00
- Wednesday June 1st 2022 14h30-15h30
Readmission is for students in Failed status ONLY. If your academic program is lapsed/inactive but are in good academic standing (last annual GPA> 2.00), then please fill out a Student Request Form with a dated signed letter of explanation around the details of your academic break and why you are prepared to return to your studies.
Use this form to request a double major program
- Complete the Double Major Program Request form
- Write a rationale explaining why you wish to be accepted for the double major program and explain how the two programs interrelate and/or intersect and attach it to your completed form
- If you are currently registered in a fine arts program or a program outside the Faculty of Fine Arts and are requesting to add a program in the Faculty of Fine Arts, you must submit the form and rationale to the Department housing the program you wish to add prior to March 1st. In addition, you must fulfill any additional admission requirements (eg. portfolio or audition) stipulated by that program by their published deadline dates. After assessment of your portfolio or audition, your form will be automatically forwarded to Student Academic Services with their recommendation
- If you are currently registered in a fine arts program and are requesting to add a program OUTSIDE of the Faculty of Fine Arts, you must submit the form and rationale to that program to obtain their recommendation. Recommendations must come from either the Chair or a designated Undergraduate Advisor of that department. That Department should return the form and rationale to you and you must then submit it to Student Academic Services (EV 2.705)
- You will be informed of a final decision in writing. Please note that having recommendations for approval by both programs does not automatically guarantee final approval. Final decisions also require the appropriate Faculty level approval
- Student Academic Services