514-848-2424 ext. 4617
- Welding room
- MIG welding on steel
- TIG welding on steel, aluminum, stainless and copper alloys
- Brazing, cutting and heating with oxy-acethylene torches
- Plasma cutting
- Bending, folding, cutting and drilling floor equipment as well as numerous hand tools to work with metal
Grinding section of the metal shop provides students with a dedicated room to sand and grind steel metal objects
Please note that the Core Technical Centres are not open to the public. Only Fine Arts students, faculty and researchers may use the Metal Shop facility.
Booking the Metal Shop
Please note that the Core Technical Centres are not open to the public. Only Fine Arts students, faculty and researchers may use these facilities.
- Before you book time in any of the shops, you must first contact the technician and come up with a plan for your project.
- You can check the general shop availbility here.
- Please note that availibility is actually a combination of the amount of current projects, availibility of staff and the complexity of each project. The technician will make the determination of shop availibility for each day.