The Faculty of Fine Arts is a hub of creative energy. Professional studios, equipment and venues allow students to grace the stage in music, dance and theatre performances throughout the academic year.
- musical spaces designed by an acoustician
- "smart" classrooms with networked multimedia, mixing and playback capabilities
- electroacoustic studios, including an octophonic studio
- keyboard lab featuring 16 keyboards
- state-of-the-art soundproof practice modules
- 27 new pianos, including six concert grands
Contemporary Dance facilities
- two standard dance studios with sprung floors
- large dance studio with full lighting grid (Black Box)
- video-recording equipment in each dance studio
- state-of-the-art projection and integrated sound systems in each dance studio
- four acting studios with sprung floors and state-of-the-art projection and integrated sound systems (two with lighting grids)
- two design classrooms, as well as a lighting lab
- new costume shop
- new costume storage space and a dye lab
- closer proximity to the newly renovated Concordia Theatre (formerly called the D.B. Clarke Theatre)
Our performance venues
A fully equipped, 387-seat proscenium theatre downtown Montreal.
Oscar Peterson Concert Hall
One of the faculty's principal performing arts venues, named for the late, Montreal jazz pianist.
The Cazalet Theatre is closed indefinitely and is not accepting any activities or events at this time.
F.C. Smith Auditorium
The F.C. Smith Auditorium is closed indefinitely and is not accepting any activities or events at this time.