How to apply
- Applicants must apply online and attach the following documents to the application. Please note that documents can also be uploaded after an application has been submitted. All documents must be uploaded in either Microsoft word or PDF. For accessibility purposes, we ask you to save Word documents in PDF rather than scanning and saving a print version.
- Music Therapy Option form
- Unofficial copies of transcripts
- 500-word statement of purpose
- Curriculum vitae
- Proof of citizenship
- Information on video audition: 1) Title of each musical selection 2) Medium (e.g., instrument, voice, or combination) 3) Time Marker on video (e.g., indicate the time on the video where each selection stops and starts)
- All other required documents
- Three (3) letters of reference are required. Applicants should not upload copies of reference letters to their application. When completing your application online, you will be required to enter your referees’ names, affiliated institutions and email addresses (college/university or company email). Your referees will then receive an email inviting them to complete an electronic assessment form and attach their letter of reference.
- Submit your video audition via Slideroom.
Applicants for the MA in Music Therapy are required to submit ONE video audition. This audition must include the following:
1) Piano (2 selections)
2) Guitar (2 selections)
3) Voice (2 selections): can be A Capella or self-accompanied by guitar or piano
4) Primary instrument (1 selection) if different from piano, guitar, or voice
*Applicants who have completed/are completing Concordia University's Graduate Diploma in Music Therapy are not required to submit a video audition.