Video & Sound Editing
The CDA Audio Video Suites are currently open with limited access. Please read carefully. If you have any questions about these rules please email Phil Hawes.
The suites are open from 9 AM to 11 PM from Monday to Friday and from 10.30 AM to 5 PM on Saturday and Sunday . Each suite may be reserved by only one person per day. One booking may be for the full day from 9 AM to 11 PM on the weekdays or from 10.30 AM to 5 PM on the weekend. There must be only one person in the suite at all times.
Please make a reservation on the Patron Portal. Your reservation will be confirmed by the CDA EV depot staff. Reservations can be made two weeks in advance.
Undergraduate Fine Arts students can make up to three reservations per week. MFA students may make up to five reservations per week. Overnight rendering is available on request. MFA students may request extended bookings by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The recording booth in suite 12 is currently being upgraded. The ventilation in the mixing room (suite 10) is being repaired. Both of those rooms will be available later in the semester.
About the CDA Audio Video Suites
- All 11 standard suites are dedicated video and sound work environments. They all have good graphics cards and faster and more powerful computers as well as near-field sound monitors.
- There is one sound recording recording suite (VS 12) with a soundproof booth suitable for voice recording, foley or small intruments.
- There is also one sound mixing suite (VS 10) for either stereo or multi-channel (5.1) mixing with ProTools HD, Logic X, Audition and Izotope RX.
- Suite VS 06 has extra audio plug-ins and software.
- VS 00 is a color correction suite with a FSI color correction monitor and a Tangent control surface for Resolve Studio.
- All rooms support video formats from SD to 4K RAW
- Displays are color calibrated in all the rooms (excpetion of the mixing room and recording room).
- Technical help is available during daytime CDA opening hours.
Working in the Suites
- The video and sound editing suites are only to be used for class-related projects using video, sound or graphics. You may be asked to leave if you are not working on an audio or video related project.
- If you are working with video we encourage you to get your own external USB 3 or Thunderbolt drive. If you are working on a longer RAW video project you can ask for local RAID storage from Phil Hawes (ext. 4912) but you will be restricted to using one particular room.