How to apply
1. Apply online at the Graduate Admissions Application Centre and attach the following documents to your online application:
- Statement of purpose (3-5 pages) indicating specific interest in the Ph.D program and how it relates to long-term academic, personal and professional goals. Identify and discuss the research interest you would like to pursue for the thesis; include your teaching background, experience in research methods, and your study in related disciplines. Indicate areas of further study you would propose in order to pursue your research interest.
- Proof of legal status in Canada.
- Official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended.
- TOEFL or IELTS (language proficiency test) scores if the applicant’s first language is neither English or French.
- Scholarly writing sample.
- Curriculum vitae.
2. Three Letters of Reference
When completing your application online, you will be required to enter your referees’ names, affiliated institutions and email addresses (college/university or company email). Your referees will then receive an email inviting them to complete an electronic assessment form and attach their letter of reference. It is your responsibility to follow-up with your referees to confirm they received this email from firstname.lastname@example.org
You are strongly encouraged to submit your application before your program’s application deadline in order to give your referees sufficient time to provide their assessment and letter of reference.
3. Upload the following documents to Slideroom
- Portfolio of recent work. (20 examples)
- Work or professional experience. (2 letters of confirmation)
- Teaching certification or experience. (specifics in Slideroom)