Peter N. Thomson Family Field School Awards
The Faculty of Fine Arts invites applications for the Peter N. Thomson Family Field School Awards. The Award offers an amount of $1,300 for thirty (30) eligible Fine Arts undergraduate or graduate students accepted to a Field School hosted by the Faculty of Fine Arts. Field Schools provide students with opportunities for cultural immersion, allowing them to become translators of experience, interpreters of culture, manipulators of material, and ambassadors of the arts through a variety of structured courses offered abroad.
Faculty of Fine Arts field schools: Summer 2022
To apply for a Thomson Award, all applicants must first be accepted into one of the following Faculty of Fine Arts Field Schools:
- Imagining Iceland
- New Music and Media Arts @ Mexico
- Art, Music, Design and Science Interactions @ Columbia
- Urban Scenographies, Serbia
- Keramik, Denmark
- Bread and Puppet Theatre, Vermont, USA
Questions? Please contact the Academic Facilitator, Fine Arts at email@example.com for any inquires.
Call for Applications: Summer 2022
- Applicants must be currently registered in an undergraduate or graduate program in Fine Arts, with a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- Applicants must be accepted to participate in a Field School hosted through the Faculty of Fine Arts.
- Eligible applicants include Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
- Applicants must complete the application form.
- Applicants must submit a short (250 words, max.) letter of intent describing how they will benefit from the experience and from the award.
- Applicants must provide proof of acceptance to the Field School (an email confirmation is sufficient).
- Applicants must include their unofficial transcript with the completed application form.
- Please note that each Field School requires a separate application.
- Please note that the Thomson Awards are not renewable.
- Awards will be granted through competition, based on the applicant’s letter of intent and grade point average.
- Selection of recipients will be made by the Peter N. Thomson Family Field School Awards Committee, composed of three Faculty members appointed by the Dean of the Faculty of Fine Arts.
- Award recipients will be notified by April 7, 2022.
- Award recipients will be required to submit a short report about their experience, following completion of their field school to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Should the Award recipient be unable to attend the proposed Field School, they must notify the Dean’s office by email to email@example.com as soon as possible and the award will be reallocated to another student.
The deadline to submit applications for the Summer 2022 session is MARCH 14, 2022.
Students should submit their completed application form, letter of intent, proof of acceptance, and unofficial transcript merged as one single PDF file via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.