CIADI internships enhance and complement your education with a collaborative, industry-driven design and research project. Get over 500 hours of hands-on experience before you even graduate!
The Institute also offers “an initiation to research” for some students who wish to pursue graduate studies in aerospace, as part of the Consortium de recherche et d’innovation en aérospatiale au Québec (CRIAQ).
How to apply
To apply to CIADI, you must be registered in:
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Aerospace
- MASc and PhD in Engineering with permission from supervisor
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Masters of Business Adminisitration
CIADI has projects from areas related to aerospace engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering and software engineering, accountancy, economics, finance and marketing.
For international students
Please contact the Concordia International Students Office for more information regarding your status, how many hours per week you can work, applying for a coop work permit, etc.
It is a student's responsibility to make sure that the Canadian Immigration regulations, regarding working in Canada, are followed .
- Applications are accepted as of the last week of August until November 15.
- Undergraduate students must have a minimum of 60 credits completed by May of the following year.
- Undergraduate students must have a CGPA of at least 2.7.
You will receive a notice of receipt. If you meet the requirements, you will then be invited to attend an information session with the Director of Education, CIADI. Within a week after the information session you will be notified if you have been accepted to CIADI.
You can apply to CIADI in order to fulfill your degree requirements (ENGR 7961 Industrial Stage and Training (6 credits)). Applying to CIADI does not guarantee you an internship. Students who have already completed their Industrial Stage and Training are not eligible to apply. A student is only permitted to have one internship through CIADI.
In order to submit your application to CIADI, you must:
- Be registered full-time in the aerospace program.
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Have at least sixteen (16) credits completed before applying (previous CIADI members must have at least eight (8) credits completed)
Applications to CIADI are accepted year round however internships are posted only 3 times a year (January for summer, May or June for fall and October for winter).