MAY 20: What’s open, what’s closed
No classes or other instructional activities will occur on Monday, May 20, Quebec Patriots’ Day.
The university will be closed to the general public but the following buildings will be accessible to undergraduate students with a Concordia ID:
- Hall Building (H)
- Engineering, Computer Science and Visual Arts Integrated Complex (EV)
- John Molson Building (MB)
- Visual Arts Building (VA)
- Richard J. Renaud Science Complex (SP)
- Communication Studies and Journalism Building (CJ)
Staff, faculty and graduate students with appropriate Concordia-issued identification have access to their regular workspace in any building. All students, staff and faculty must check in with security.
The following services will be closed on May 20:
- Campus retail stores
- Health Services and Counselling and Psychological Services
- Campus Wellness and Support Services
- Access Centre for Students with Disabilities (ACSD)
- Shuttle buses
- Birks Student Service Centre
- Welcome Centre
- PERFORM Centre’s conditioning floor and the AT Clinic (Loyola Campus) will be closed.
- Le Gym (Sir George Williams Campus) will be open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Ed Meagher Arena (Loyola Campus) will both be closed.
- The Loyola Arena will be open for hockey from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Loyola outdoor playing fields will be open for City of Montreal soccer from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- The R. Howard Webster Library will be closed.
- The Georges P. Vanier Library will be closed.
- The Grey Nuns Reading Room and Group Study Rooms are closed for the summer.
Food and beverage services
- All retail food operations and cafeterias will be closed.
- J.W. McConnell Building (LB) and Faubourg parking will be closed.
- Loyola parking will be open.
- Tunnels on the Sir George Williams Campus will be closed from 11 p.m. on Sunday, May 19, until 7 a.m. on Tuesday, May 21.