Quebec’s Fête nationale and Canada Day: what’s open at Concordia
No classes or other instructional activities will occur the days before la Fête nationale du Québec and Canada Day — Friday, June 23 and Friday, June 30 respectively.
Only staff, faculty and graduate students with appropriate Concordia-issued identification will have access to offices, studios and laboratories. Undergraduate students needing access will require a letter from their respective departments.
The following services will be closed on June 23
- Concordia Stores will close at 1 p.m. on Thursday, June 22 and remain closed on Friday, June 23.
- Campus Wellness and Support Services (Health Services, Access Centre for Students with Disabilities, and Counselling and Psychological Services) on both campuses will be closed on Friday, June 23.
- Shuttle buses will observe a Friday schedule on Thursday, June 22, and will not be running on Friday, June 23.
- The Birks Student Centre will be open until 12:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 22, and will be closed on Friday, June 23.
- The Welcome Centre will be open until 12:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 22, and will be closed on Friday, June 23.
- The PERFORM Centre will be closed on Friday, June 23 and Saturday, June 24.
- The PERFORM Centre conditioning floor will be open on Friday, June 23 for regular hours but closed on Saturday, June 24.
- Le Gym (Sir George Williams Campus), the Ed Meagher Arena (Loyola Campus) and the Loyola Gymnasium will be closed on Friday, June 23.
- The outdoor playing fields on the Loyola campus will remain open between 5 p.m. and 11 p.m. for day camps and city soccer.
- The R. Howard Webster and Georges P. Vanier Libraries will remain open until 6 p.m. on Friday, June 23 for study only, and will be closed on Saturday, June 24.
- The Grey Nuns Reading Room and Group Study Rooms are closed for the summer.
Food and beverage services
- Food services on both campuses will close at 1 p.m. on Thursday, June 22 and remain closed on Friday, June 23.
- Parking in the J.W. McConnell Building (LB), at the Loyola campus and the Faubourg indoor parking will remain open with regular operating hours on Friday, June 23.
- Tunnels on the Sir George Williams Campus will be closed from 11 p.m. on Thursday, June 22 until 7 a.m. on Saturday, June 24.
Going away for the long weekend? Visit Concordia’s travel safety web page.
Grad students: your fall 2017 orientation preview
‘Academic rigour, journalistic flair’: Concordia partners with The Conversation Canada
Christopher Salter’s Haptic Field: ‘It’s like living on the moon’
#MyCanada2067: ‘A country full of hope, love, tolerance and prosperity’
NEW RESEARCH: Feeling stressed? Bike to work
Find an expert
Search for an expert to comment on any topic
Enter a phrase or keyword