Best known for being the reporter in this city who most closely covers the Expos potential return to Montreal, Filosa has also covered the Alouettes, the Formula 1 Grand Prix, many Rogers Cups, PGA Tournaments and hundreds of boxing matches including at least 30 world title fights. He is also the French play-by-play man for the Impact and Blue Jays on 98,5 FM Sports.
Stingers Maroon & Gold Golf Classic
- 10 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Club de Golf Lachute, 355 Bethany Ave., Lachute
Take pride and support the Concordia Stingers!
Please join the Department of Recreation and Athletics for a fun day of golf in support of our student athletes.
10 a.m. Hot buffet brunch
12 p.m. Shotgun start (best ball format, carts included)
6 p.m. Dinner, auction and prizes
$225 per person - Golf and dinner (includes $75 tax receipt)
$75 per person - Dinner only (includes $45 tax receipt)
- Appetizer: fine market greens salad with homemade vinaigrette
- Main course: chicken or vegetarian meal
- Dessert: profiteroles
Hole-in-one prizes of a jet ski or motorcycle are up for grabs courtesy of Kawasaki. Auction prizes include:
- Pair of lower bowl tickets to any Charlotte Hornets NBA game (home or away), followed by a meet and greet with Jay Triano, lead assistant coach for the Hornets.
- Jersey signed by Cory Watson, wide receiver for the CFL's Saskatchewan Rough Riders and former Concordia Stinger
- Jersey signed by Rene Parades, BA 12, placekicker for the CFL's Calgary Stampeders and former Concordia Stinger
- Eight Montreal Alouettes tickets and signed jersey
- More to come!
Our evening emcee is seasoned sports journalist Jeremy Filosa, BA 00.
Registration deadline: May 23
Complimentary bus service between Concordia's Loyola Campus and the Club de Golf Lachute is available when you register. Seats on the bus are limited so register early.
355 Bethany Ave., Lachute