On Wed. Oct. 7th, 2020, Concordia Records Management and Archives will host its second annual #AskAnArchivist Day on Twitter!
Organized by the Society of American Archivists, AskAnArchivist Day at Concordia allows the University community and general public to connect with archivists and records managers, ask questions, and seek information on the history of the University, its collections, and what archivists do behind the scenes at RMA.
What questions can be asked?
Archivists participating in #AskAnArchivist Day are eager to respond to any and all questions about archives and archival work.
No question is too silly or too practical:
- What types of projects are archivists working on from home during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What’s the strangest thing RMA has come across in its collections?
- If Concordia Archives had a soundtrack, what would be on it?
- What do archivists talk about around the water cooler?
- What should I do to make sure my emails don’t get lost?
- I have loads of digital images on my phone - how should I store them so I can keep them over the long-term?
- How does RMA decide which items to keep and which to weed out from a collection?
- As a teacher, how can I get my students more interested in using archives for their projects?
Feel free to contact Records Management and Archives for more information about this event.