This workshop will cover:
- What is mindfulness and how can it help you
- Discuss the mind body connection. How can we reduce psychological and/or physical distress through a meditative practice
- When can you practice mindfulness in your everyday life
- Review of practical apps and online resources
- How mindfulness can help sleep/stress/anxiety/mood
- Practice several guided meditations
This workshop is part of a group activities that will be run from the newly created Zen Den. The Zen Den is housed in Counselling and Psychological Services and offers students access to a calm space on campus when they feel anxious, overwhelmed or simply in the need of emotional containment.