Lecture - Blockchain Fundamentals
Blockchain is one of the most disruptive technologies of the 21st century. Every major corporation is beginning to incorporate blockchain into their infrastructure. That said, many people still do not know the fundamentals of blockchain. On February 10th the Concordia Fintech Society and the Data Intelligence Society of Concordia - DISC wants to help you understand what bockchain is.
Our guest lecturers will teach you all of the basic fundamentals of blockchain and about the impact that this innovative technology will have on society. We will cover all the fundamentals of blockchain, including:
What is Bitcoin?
- Historical background
- Basic cryptographic concepts (hash functions, Merkle tree etc.)
- Components of a transaction (public/private keys, addresses, inputs and outputs etc.)
- The Bitcoin Network
- Nodes and full nodes
- Miners and mining
- Proof of work and linked time-stamping
- Forks (hard and soft)
What is Ethereum?
- How it differs from Bitcoin
- Uses of ether (gas etc.)
- Ethereum data structure
- Smart contracts (demos etc.)
- Solidity scripting language
- Coins vs tokens
- Use cases (Litecoin, Ripple, Cardano, Tron, etc.)
Use cases for blockchain technology
- Supply chain
- Societal impact
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/212725412637257/