Artificial Intelligence: Friend or Foe?
When and where: Tuesday March 13, 2018 at Room Atrium 130, Samuel Bronfman Building
(1590 Docteur Penfield), Sir George Williams Campus
To contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Description: This panel will be centered on the ethical implications and changes in the labor market caused by Artificial Intelligence. The budding technology of automation will completely shift the landscape of the job market. For students, in particular, it is essential to understand how one’s career path will be impacted by these rapid changes. In addition, ethical issues surrounding AI, such as, bias, wealth distribution, unemployment, and its socio-economic impact will be discussed.
Moderator: Ikram Mecheri, risk advisory consultant at Deloitte.
- Xavier-Henri Hervé: Co-Founder of District 3 Innovation Centre
- Caroline Bourbonnière: Communications and Public Affairs representative from Element AI
- Abhishek Gupta: AI Ethics Researcher from Mcgill University
- Sydney Swaine- Simon: AI Expert at District 3 Innovation Centre
- Kai Hsin- Hung: Consultant at the International Training Centre for the ILO
Event organized by: Anastasiia Semenchenko, Elizabeth Tasong, Imane Keddam, Noah Burnett Rooney